2016 Basketball Regional Games

trublue

Gate city hits a 3 with 1:24 to play and calls timeout. Martinsville leads 61-56, bulldog ball out of the timeout

#VHSL Region 2A West Boys, Semifinals, 1:24 left: Martinsville 61, Gate City 56. Bulldogs ball. #HCBB

great state

#VHSL Region 2A West Boys Basketball, Final: Martinsville 65, Gate City 64. #HCBB

Gate city misses the second free throw with 1.2 seconds remaining and devonnte holland grabs game-sealing rebound

great state

An awesome game by the Gate City team...SWVA is proud of your tremendous game and  effort!!!

They were talking so loudly I thought they said the Martinsville player missed both shots, but he made the 2nd.  Got me off on the score at the end.  Sounded like there was a bit of a scuffle at the end.  Great game though.

Mount View defeats James Monroe for third time 66-51. Will play Bluefield on Monday in Princeton at 530

3A WEST GIRLS -- Hidden Valley will face John Marshall and Magna Vista will face Petersburg in the state quarterfinals March 4/5 sites TBA.

3A WEST BOYS -- Cave Spring will draw the loser of tonights game between Hopewell and I.C. Norcom on either March 4th or 5th. Site TBA

BOYS BASKETBALL (3A West final) Northside 63, Spotswood 46 -- Final. #timesland Vikings play Park View-South Hill March 4th or 5th site TBA.

Timesland Retweeted

Northside defeats Spotswood 63-46. The Vikings are Region 3A West Champions!

great state