Union @ Ridgeview

SuperX

Clintwood had Unions number, The folks and kids from Roseridge want a big win....if Union gets caught napping...look out.Union is beat up some , Zirkle I think has a bad ankle. I would look for Owens 17 to see more touches and for Mitchell to see a lot of bald thrown his way

I don't know whether or not Union will name the score, but I don't see the fast start this time like last year. I do think it will be a great atmosphere though. I hope the Bears open the playbook a little more too. They're going to need a stronger/reliable passing game come playoffs.

Looking forward to coming. A beautiful place they've built up there

Didn't make the trip to the basketball game last year?

Anyways, Ridgeview needs to quit depending on the sweep to the left, sweep to the right, run up the middle crap.  It's not working.

I've never longed for the Colley air raid attack more than I do right now. With each passing week I hear more groans in the stands in agreement, not just from fans who used to wear red either.

Credit where credit is due, Paintsville is an amazing team and I'd put them up against anyone in deep SWVA, but when something isn't working, try something else.

Union is beat up some , Zirkle I think has a bad ankle. I would look for Owens 17 to see more touches and for Mitchell to see a lot of bald thrown his way

Even more dangerous. Owens is probably one of the fastest kid in the district. Last week had over 100 yards and a TD on 2 carries.

Ridgeview is the most impressive High School in SWVA in my opinion. I worry about

The economy in that area, and it's impact on the ability to pay for the school,

And for the labor force to stay employed and keep folks from moving out of the

County to find work. A very serious situation for Dickenson County residents

And the County government.

I can see that. Im not a fan of what RV is doing offensively but I think the offense fits the talent they have much better than I-Form did early last season. I think by week 6 the Wolfpack offense will look good again. Central is a solid team and Paintsville is the #1 Class A team in KY.

I would say they need to throw the ball more but against Central they threw 2 picks early and looked bad, then in the 4th they were throwing it around pretty well. It will take some time to get into a groove

I would say they need to throw the ball more but against Central they threw 2 picks early and looked bad, then in the 4th they were throwing it around pretty well. It will take some time to get into a groove

First half, they were playing Yates at QB and he threw the picks.  Fourth quarter, they were playing Mullins at QB (who finished out the year last year) and were successful.

Mullins needs to be taking the snaps.  Not Yates.

So, we know the game will suck and it will be a sad homecoming for the Pack, the real question is for those coming from Union, where do you eat?

I highly recommend the Ridgeview deli mart ran by the Compton family (Larry, Judy, Jason) that is around the next curve from entrance to the high school.  Good hot dogs and fried bologna sandwiches.

Also, if you don't mind going a little out of the way, there's always Pizza Factory in Haysi.

The Pack looked better starting week 6 last season because #1 the schedule got ALOT easier the 2nd half of the season and the bliz of injury's to KEY players subsided.

This season IMHO the pack is more balanced with the pass vs run play calling and unlike last season the offence is mostly underclassmen so they will get better with more playing time and provide a good core for the team over the next few years