The Cumberland district

Blue1915

So Twin Springs takes Burton into OT, Burton loses to Chilhowie by one , 33-32. Chilhowie has proven to be a pretty good team by beating Tazwell and VA High and crushes Twin Springs. I know its all about matchups and how a team plays in certain weeks but just getting some thoughts and throwing a few things out there. Castlewood plays TS this friday for TS home coming, whats the thoughts on this matchup and the Cumberland? Right now Burton looks like the top dog but if Cwood was to blow out the team that took Burton to OT it could make this district pretty interesting. And please I understand these teams are not Union or Gatecity just talking football for what these teams are.

One thing to note. Burton's QB was hurt, and I believe lost for the season, in the Chilhowie game. They were a lot better with him. I think Castlewood and TS will be an entertaining and competitive game. I give the edge to Castlewood.

Burton's QB was hurt in the final couple minures vs. Chilhowie. I know quite a few folks in the know about JIB and I haven't heard one way or the other if he will play again this year. As for TS and Castlewood, this is actually one of the nastiest, hottest rivalries in the area over the past few years. I think it's a toss up but TS seems to have had a mental edge over Castlewood over the past few years.

TS and Castlewood game went to wire last year and had a 20-30 yard TD pass thrown with six seconds left to give TS victory. Ts was down 10 with five to go. These schools hate each other. Fought each other last basketball season. Could get nasty again.

These schools have definitely become big rivals and hate is probably not even to strong of a word here, it use to be Cwood and the team across the river , St.Paul. but since the closing of SP and even before TS and Cwood started getting pretty heated. I believe Cwood will take this one but its gonna be a battle thats forsure.

Rye cove and TW are about 3 years out from making some noise in the Cumberland in football,

On another note, boys basketball in Lee Co is about to go through another cycle, I've not seen kids Excell this well as 7th or 8th graders. Myers has entered at the right time, and Collier is bring his kid and his friends up, Next few years some noise will be made at the 1A and 2a level.

Now of only we can get theses same athletes on the football field (highly doubt it).

In 03 or 04 season TS played CW twice, once during season and once in post season. One of those years a fight erupted on the field. It's been pretty wild since then.

I think something else that factors into it is the basketball rivalry between the two. Since castlewood has joined Cumberland, more times than not these two have been the best in district year in and year out (has changed some recently). I think that is what really fuels this fire along with the proximity. From nickelsville or dungannon I believe it's a shorter trip to Castlewood than to Rye Cove.

Castlewood seems to be getting the most out of what they have. The 59-0 thumping of Northwood last week had to surprise some people.

The only team that hasn't hung 50 on Northwood this season is Twin Valley...so that score isn't surprising in the least.

So, a co worker of mine lives near Twin Springs high school and just showed me some pictures of some messages some Castlewood folks had spray painted on the Twin Springs fieldhouse last night/this morning.  Some were borderline R rated... I guess this IS a huge rivalry.  Lol.

So, a co worker of mine lives near Twin Springs high school and just showed me some pictures of some messages some Castlewood folks had spray painted on the Twin Springs fieldhouse last night/this morning.  Some were borderline R rated... I guess this IS a huge rivalry.  Lol.

Been that way for the past 10 years or so...since the bench clearing brawl around 03-04. It's nasty.

Not good if they really did do this, if Cwood kids really did do this somebody will open their mouth and start bragging and it usually will come out.

It happened.  I've seen the pics.  I would share them here, but like I said, some of the graffiti was PG-13 at best.  Think DX from WWE back in the day and you can draw your own conclusions about what some of the messages said...

Well TS had a bonfire last night until pretty late so cwood would of had done it around 12 or so. Not saying they did or didnt but thats pretty late. Just throwing something out there, it could of been anybody just trying to stoke the fire but like I said it will come out , kids cant keep their mouths shut on things like this. And Havok I didnt mean to make it sound like I didnt think it happened but I was saying as to who may have done it. It may or may not of been Cwood kids was what I was saying