Union @ John Battle

John Battle sports

I hate to hear that for the young man. Will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers. Was looking forward to seeing Battle's offense in person. I wonder how this will change their strategy??

It'll hurt their offense tremendously. The QB in Battle's offense is part of every play in their triple option attack

It'll hurt their offense tremendously. The QB in Battle's offense is part of every play in their triple option attack

Without a doubt. I just wonder if they have another QB that they can still run the total scheme with, or will they bring in a RB and run it without passing, or will they run something completely different that could possibly catch Union unprepared.

Will be interesting to see how they adapt and what they end up doing.

JSB will be using a Junior who has never played QB before this year. And other than the last 2 quarters against Lee & a handful of plays throughout the season, he has no game experience at QB. He has thrown less than 10 passes in his life during games. Hopefully they had a VERY good week of practice.

I'm not so sure I want to go to this game now. Battle better hope they get a stellar performance from their defense tonight to even have a shot. Without a passing threat to offset the triple option run game it will make for an extremely long night for the Trojans offensive. Union will send the house almost every play I bet.

JSB will be using a Junior who has never played QB before this year. And other than the last 2 quarters against Lee & a handful of plays throughout the season, he has no game experience at QB. He has thrown less than 10 passes in his life during games. Hopefully he had a VERY good week of practice.

No not so sure he won't do bad. Yes he has no game experience or qb experience. But I believe he has more speed that Tipton. That may spark us if we can use that. I think this will be a close game.. honestly. Yes Union has talent but so does Battle. 1 injury won't destroy this team.. yes it hurts a lot. Tipton carrried this offense most of the season. But don't be so sure this will be a blow out without him.

I'm not so sure I want to go to this game now. Battle better hope they get a stellar performance from their defense tonight to even have a shot. Without a passing threat to offset the triple option run game it will make for an extremely long night for the Trojans offensive. Union will send the house almost every play I bet.

I would say, better get to Fuller Field early, but this isn't Haysi/Honaker anymore, it's Ridgeview/Honaker.  Lol.

I mean no disrespect here but I don't see this game being close. Unions first team defense is no joke they should stop the run an the offense should put points up at a pretty good clip. like I said no disrespect to the battle program they are going in the right direction but union is a different caliber team and program at this point. I change my prediction to Union42 Battle14. I cant wait to see everybody tonight I got a good friend from battle Mr Bill Brooks.

No not so sure he won't do bad. Yes he has no game experience or qb experience. But I believe he has more speed that Tipton. That may spark us if we can use that. I think this will be a close game.. honestly. Yes Union has talent but so does Battle. 1 injury won't destroy this team.. yes it hurts a lot. Tipton carrried this offense most of the season. But don't be so sure this will be a blow out without him.

The Defense had a good week of practice. They are more confident right now than they have been all year. I hope they can do what they did last week by creating turnovers to set up a short field for the Offense. I also think Lane will do a good job running the Offense. As far as passing goes, I think he'll do a good job in the short game & hopefully the receiving corp can make some plays with their speed. And maybe the running/short passing game might create some open looks downfield. You won't find a better group of kids or a team that plays harder than them. I've been watching JSB Football since I moved to Washington County in 2001 & this group of kids stands out the most to me. There is no quit in them. Britt has really got them playing hard for him. The next 2 or 3 years should be alot of fun. JSB Football is only gonna get better.

I'm of course pulling for JSB to pull off an upset tonight for the points.  But I'm not sure that can happen with their QB being out.  Tipton definitely was and is the cog that made the offense work.  Not saying JSB doesn't have the athletes but good lord losing your starting QB and going up against Union.  That's a tall order for a backup QB with little to no game experience.

Union  49

JSB      7

I'm of course pulling for JSB to pull off an upset tonight for the points. But I'm not sure that can happen with their QB being out. Tipton definitely was and is the cog that made the offense work. Not saying JSB doesn't have the athletes but good lord losing your starting QB and going up against Union. That's a tall order for a backup QB with little to no game experience.

Union 49

JSB 7

I think these JSB kids will surprise you. They are the most improved team in SWVA.

Who would have ever thought at the beginning of the season, that the Union/JSB thread would have been 3 pages.  That defiantly says something about Battles progression through out  the season.

They have made tremendous progress since the start of the season. I would say that they are the most improved team in SWVA. They are only 2 plays away from being 7-2. They play very hard for their coach & fans.

The Defense had a good week of practice. They are more confident right now than they have been all year. I hope they can do what they did last week by creating turnovers to set up a short field for the Offense. I also think Lane will do a good job running the Offense. As far as passing goes, I think he'll do a good job in the short game & hopefully the receiving corp can make some plays with their speed. And maybe the running/short passing game might create some open looks downfield. You won't find a better group of kids or a team that plays harder than them. I've been watching JSB Football since I moved to Washington County in 2001 & this group of kids stands out the most to me. There is no quit in them. Britt has really got them playing hard for him. The next 2 or 3 years should be alot of fun. JSB Football is only gonna get better.

I could tell a huge improvement in them last year. They are definitely heading in the right direction. Only makes the district strong as a whole.

Looking forward to a competitive and injury free game.

I agree. I just talked with Lane's mother. She is just as optimistic as I am. She & I both agree that if anyone can step up it is this group of kids. I think any of these guys that are looking for a game to attend would be making the right choice to make the drive to Bristol. These kids play the game the way it should be played.

If u can't throw the ball u will have a hard time beating union. Best DL I've seen in a few years. Last 2 games were against weaker opponents and union held them to - yardage.

I think they'll be fine. JSB is a triple option offense. And they run it well. They don't rely on throwing the ball. They take shots when the opportunity presents itself. That's what they have done all year. The kid replacing the QB is a tremendous athlete. He plays very hard. And like I said earlier, I think he will run the Offense fine. He has been part of this Offense all year. If he can get on the same page with a couple of the receivers, knowing their speed & tendencies etc, things could open up downfield. He definitely has the athletic ability plus some. And I don't think the stage is too big for this kid. He has been a leader on & off the field all year. His confidence & his teammates' confidence in him are on point.