Hurley's Schedule

Golden_Tsunami

Now that Richlands spanked that GMan bottom really nicely, UVAObserver, GMan, and all the other GMen fanboys can get to what really matters the most in their hearts, and as we all know, that is focusing on 1A Hurley's schedule. If only the GMen would have played a tougher schedule like the Alabama Crimson Tide, Dallas Cowboys, Seattle Seahawks, etc., they might have been prepared for this defeat tonight. Anyway, now GMen posters everywhere can get back to what matters most to them and refocus their full attention on our schedule.

Where were you last Saturday? That's right, you hid like a coward, like so many of your ilk. BTW, your schedule did suck, and will suck until you realize that playing pissants don't prepare you for a Virginia postseason.

Updated some school info but I don't think the enrollment numbers are.

Why would it have different numbers tho? That link is from the VHSL page and is dated Nov. 2016. I'm just going by what the VHSL listed.

I could've used Burton was an example, a school with under 300 students that has made several deep playoff runs.

Why would it have different numbers tho? That link is from the VHSL page and is dated Nov. 2016. I'm just going by what the VHSL listed.

I could've used Burton was an example, a school with under 300 students that has made several deep playoff runs.

Every site I've seen has 273

There is some different listing service front the VHSL as related to Galax's enrollment

Numbers. Different parts of " official " numbers are different.

I would think based on past figures for this city school, the ADM would be closer to 273,

And not 400 students. Their are not many 400+ schools in A1. They are George Wythe, Chilhowie,

Eastside, Patrick Henry, Auburn,and Grundy(next year). Ft Chiswell and Radford are moving to A2

Next year. Both are over the 475 cap for A1.

300+ schools are Honaker, Rural Retreat,Parry McCluer, and Holston.

The remaining schools are 200+ and below according to VHSL figures. Galax would be in this group

Along with about 10 other schools. It is very confusing as to exactly what the enrollment is for

Galax. My opinion it would be about 275 for this year.

I was wrong earlier. Galax doesn't have just north of 400 students. The actual figure is just south of 400, 383 to be exact. 90 seniors, 92 juniors, 111 sophomores and 90 freshmen.

This isn't my opinion, it's fact!

I don't why, I just know most of the time the numbers are usually older in the directory.  We're going by what the VHSL has listed for classification purposes.  Seems like they update some of the school info occasionally in the directory but not all of it.  I remember some years back Lee was listed at 850 for a while but not at the most current numbers.  The latest ADM has Lee listed at 671 but the directory still has around 720.   I don't think Abingdon has reported at 900 in several years.  Galax's ADM figures over the past few years have been listed around 400.  The fall membership figures reported to the DOE have been around 400 also.  Galax High wikipedia page has "around 350" and cites a 2009-2010 division enrollment report as the source.  I know nothing of Galax and their situation, this is just what they report to the VHSL for classification purposes.

Galax ADM:

March 31, 2012 ADM - 381

March 31, 2014 ADM - 397

March 31, 2016 ADM - 400

Galax fall membership DOE report, grades 9-12

2012-13 - 383

2013-14 - 404

2014-15 - 407

2015-16 - 412

March ADM's as reported by schools:

http://www.vhsl.org/doc/upload/alignment-March-31-2016-ADM-numbers.pdf

http://www.vhsl.org/doc/upload/alignment-March%2031%202014%20ADM--Revised%206-24-14.pdf

http://www.vhsl.org/doc/upload/rr-adm-march-2012-six-classes.pdf

VA DOE Fall membership numbers:

http://doe.virginia.gov/statistics_reports/enrollment/fall_membership/report_data.shtml