A little bit of Freshman Bradley Dean for GC

RiverRat24

More impressed with Dean than Ervin in the video, but Dean is going to have problems with that set shot if someone would ever step out and guard him...

I agree. But he shoots the ball so far out if you try to get in his face he takes the ball to the bucket and can jam it home. Him and Ervin stretch a defense out like crazy. Deans a freshman though....They may work with him on being able to get off a shot without having to be set. He's a special player already and has a ton he can improve on in his next 3 years.

I agree. But he shoots the ball so far out if you try to get in his face he can take the ball to the bucket and jam it home. He's a freshman though....They may work with him on being able to get off a shot without having to be set. He's a special player already.

With the way he shoots, you don't need to get in his face, just get within an outstretched arm of him and he'll have to adjust.  Most good players can make uncontested threes, how's he do when he's being pressured???  And I'm not talking "in his jersey" pressure, I'm talking about just manning-up on him.  Nobody in those videos really did that...they stood back and watched him shoot threes...

You are right though, he is just a freshman.  With the right help/coaching, he could go as far as he wants to go...

I'm sure that'll come as the season plays out. I think these teams early on think there's no way he'll shoot that far out, then he's lighting them up. He's also a good handler and had a dunk tonight.

The good thing about having Dean is that when Mac penetrates, Dean's man has to either come off him to help with Mac (which leaves Dean wide open. His set shot is not an issue), or stay on Dean (which makes it too easy for Mac to penetrate._ 

Same can be said for Ervin. 

Defense has to help with Mac....leaving someone open..........or not help with Mac, and Mac scores 40+ a game. 

With the way he shoots, you don't need to get in his face, just get within an outstretched arm of him and he'll have to adjust. Most good players can make uncontested threes, how's he do when he's being pressured??? And I'm not talking "in his jersey" pressure, I'm talking about just manning-up on him. Nobody in those videos really did that...they stood back and watched him shoot threes...

You are right though, he is just a freshman. With the right help/coaching, he could go as far as he wants to go...

Well he normally doesn't take many contested shots...But when he does pull the trigger with a hand in his face it's normally money. From what ive seen of him hed rather drive and dish or go in for a layup. He does well with pressure and handles the ball with his nondominant hand in traffic better than just about anyone I've seen. He's a smart player and understands the game and really knows spacing. By the next couple games I'm sure teams are gonna start guarding him at halfcourt. But that leaves McClung with less traffic to drive into the paint against. With the way GC is doing things right now his set shot is fine. He's wide open due to alot of defenders helping over on Mac and Ervin and he shoots from so deep defenders don't have time to get a hand in his face. I really like the kid....He plays as hard as anyone on the court.