Interesting article posted on Mac McClung yesterday.

RiverRat24

http://www.phenomhoopreport.com/news_article/show/743827?referrer_id=1555437

UVA and VT haven't offered yet so its to be determined if that is gonna happen....But just them showing interest has gotta make Mac feel good.

UVA has about a trillion scholarships to offer in its Class of 2018, so the net Bennett casts will be incredibly wide. I wouldn't expect it to go beyond interest, but it's great to see a local kid get any attention from major programs.

UVA has about a trillion scholarships to offer in its Class of 2018, so the net Bennett casts will be incredibly wide. I wouldn't expect it to go beyond interest, but it's great to see a local kid get any attention from major programs.

UVA is such a good program, I'll be surprised if we don't see Bennett start landing top 25 classes and classes full of top 200 recruits. No offense at all to McClung, but he isn't quite in that group.

Tech is a different scenario, they don't have the recognition that UVA has right now, but it's a program currently ranked and headed in the right direction. If McClung got an offer there, he'd be foolish not to attempt it bc it's ACC basketball, if he can cut it there he can play anywhere.

UVA is such a good program, I'll be surprised if we don't see Bennett start landing top 25 classes and classes full of top 200 recruits. No offense at all to McClung, but he isn't quite in that group.

Tech is a different scenario, they don't have the recognition that UVA has right now, but it's a program currently ranked and headed in the right direction. If McClung got an offer there, he'd be foolish not to attempt it bc it's ACC basketball, if he can cut it there he can play anywhere.

I doubt he gets an offer from VT...

I doubt he gets an offer from VT...

This. He's a GREAT player, but even VT may be a step too high for him.

In the upcoming class for VT, the Hokies have 2 commits, and are ranked 35th in the country. Nickeil Alexander-Walker is the 36th ranked player in the country and Wabissa Bede is the 69th ranked player in the country. This isn't quite your VT of old. 

UVA is currently 125th, but with only 1 commit. I expect that to change immensely. 

I myself think UVA and VT is probably a stretch....But I heard today from an individual that was with the recruiter for UVA and he claims that UVA is really considering offering. However, they didn't say which one. And by that, evidently the guy wasnt just checking in on Mac...They are evalutaing Zac as well.

I myself think UVA and VT is probably a stretch....But I heard today from an individual that was with the recruiter for UVA and he claims that UVA is really considering offering. However, they didn't say which one. And by that, evidently the guy wasnt just checking in on Mac...They are evalutaing Zac as well.

UVA-Wise...

UVA has been pulling in Top 100 guys for years. We're at the point where we're redshirting #72 and #73 from the Class of 2016. All 4 of our incoming guys were Top 100, and I would expect that to hold in 2018, too.