Mountain District Games Tuesday Jan. 17

LongTimeSWVAFan

Battle @ Union - This is a big one, heard the Jenkins kid for Union is out with some injury. Almost a must win for Battle after the Lebanon loss. The key is to avoid being 4/5 seed in conference tournament. The winner of this can go a long way in getting there.

Central @ Ridgeview - The Warriors broke the seal and its time for TJ's boys to go on a run. They struggled for three quarters which should give cause for concern but emotion and energy are always present when Central plays. Ridgeview is going to have a hard time beating anybody not named Lee. The Counts kid isn't a bad player but he has little help.

Lee @GC - Devils name the score and get ready for Friday's game vs Union. No need to rush Dean back for this one.

Battle @ Union - This is a big one, heard the Jenkins kid for Union is out with some injury. Almost a must win for Battle after the Lebanon loss. The key is to avoid being 4/5 seed in conference tournament. The winner of this can go a long way in getting there.

Central @ Ridgeview - The Warriors broke the seal and its time for TJ's boys to go on a run. They struggled for three quarters which should give cause for concern but emotion and energy are always present when Central plays. Ridgeview is going to have a hard time beating anybody not named Lee. The Counts kid isn't a bad player but he has little help.

Lee @GC - Devils name the score and get ready for Friday's game vs Union. No need to rush Dean back for this one.

Battle beat Lebanon 70-54 Wednesday night(1/11/2017)

Lebanon also beat Battle earlier this season, so each team has one point.

Yeah, I know. The game last month had already been discussed in a previous post. I just thought that maybe the person who posted this didn't know about the game that took place on Wednesday. Thanks though.

Union will be fine in the event Jenkins isn't back. Has a minor ankle sprain from what I hear but IMO there's a few young guys that may be a better fit for the Bears and they have been playing well. I expect Union by 10+ over Battle. They have really played well of late and haven't been so dependent on Mitchell and Slagle.

Union 63-58 - Battle gives em a fight, but the Bears pull away late with Slagle putting it on ice at the FT line. (though I do believe the upset is possible with Union looking ahead to GC.)

Central 68-49 - The McAmis kid has about 30 and leads Central to victory. Hopefully WC doesn't try to tackle anyone this coming week.

Gate City 91-50 - Lee is just straight up pitiful, look for the reserves to start subbing in late 1st qtr with a mix of starters. Scotty pulls the plug at the end of 3rd and rests em for Friday for the big show down at the Devils' Den.

Union 68-59. Battle gives them a good ball game but Slagle and Mitchell ice the game in the end.

Central 71-59 McAmis has a field day and scores close to 30. Ridgeview closes the gap a little bit late in the game but it's too little too late.

GC 76-44. McClung and Ervin do their thing without Dean and take the ball the rack repeatedly. Hopefully bench players get more time in this one.