Twin Valley @ Richlands

Ryan4VT

He was turning around to play defense, duh. ;)

No he wasn't.  He was coming up the near side of the court even with the free throw line, no TV players around...no other players around for that matter...turn back toward the inbounder and stared him down.  That's a definite no-no in high school, you get T'd up for that in college...

I see nothing that deserved a tech. It's usually the jaw running that gets hit with em. He turned around and looked at a guy and you want to hit him with a tech? That's weak sauce. McClung at GC would get one every game if so. Heck, McClung lets everyone know when he throws a dirty one down and nothing is ever said to him. Gotta let the kids celebrate and play with fire. Sports are emotional. A kid shouldn't be penalized cause he looked at someone. If you did, kids should get techs for framing their follow through on a 3 pointer or clapping their hands when playing defense. Which is nonsense. A bunch of people get butt hurt over the whole "showing up a player" stuff. Learn to prevent it and it won't happen. Just my 2 cents worth.

No he wasn't. He was coming up the near side of the court even with the free throw line, no TV players around...no other players around for that matter...turn back toward the inbounder and stared him down. That's a definite no-no in high school, you get T'd up for that in college...

I realize he wasn't. That's why I put a wink face. I don't think it deserves a T. LeDay dunks and does his crazy run down the floor and then turns around and death stares the guy he dunked on and it never gets called. Gotta let em play a little. No different than the celebration rule in the NFL. It needs to go. I miss the days when Chad Johnson would have crazy celebrations planned.

No he wasn't. He was coming up the near side of the court even with the free throw line, no TV players around...no other players around for that matter...turn back toward the inbounder and stared him down. That's a definite no-no in high school, you get T'd up for that in college...

GMan's right. Saw this first hand a couple of weeks ago when a Fairmont State player posterized someone from UVa-Wise and stared him down, no words were said... Just a staredown, he got T'd up right away.

I've re-watched it a few times. I think Ball is turning around to play defense. In the last second of the clip, the ball is inbounded to Scottie's right, he turns his body from straight on at the baseline to being turned towards the player that has the ball. I'm not Scottie, so I don't know, but you can make the argument that he was turning to watch he ball come up. 

• 3 weeks later...