Boys:

1.  Gate City 7 points, 5 possible points remaining

1.  Union 7 points, 4 possible points remaining 

3.  John Battle 4 points, 5 possible points remaining

4.  Lebanon 3 points, 4 possible points remaining

5.  Wise Central 2 points, 6 possible points remaining

6.  Ridgeview 1 point, 5 possible points remaining

7.  Lee High 0 points, 7 possible points remaining

Ridgeview is mathematically eliminated from regular season title contention.

Key games to play:

Union @ John Battle 2/3 (hopefully the Bears will not be looking ahead to....) 

Gate City @ Union 2/7 (If the Bears get past the Trojans, Union can force a tie and one game playoff for the regular season title)

Girls:

1.  Wise Central 7 points, 6 possible points remaining

2.  Gate City 6 points, 5 possible points remaining

2.  Ridgeview 6 points, 5 possible points remaining

4.  Lebanon 4 points, 4 possible points remaining

5.  Union 2 points, 4 possible points remaining

6.  Lee High 1 point, 7 possible points remaining

7.  John Battle 0 points, 5 possible points remaining

Union and John Battle are mathematically eliminated from regular season title contention.

Key games to play:

Wise Central @ Gate City tonight

Ridgeview @ Wise Central 2/3

Ridgeview @ Gate City 2/9

Wise Central even with losses to BOTH Gate City and Ridgeview would likely finish with 11 points.

Ridgeview with wins over Wise Central and Gate City would finish with 11 points and win tiebreak by head to head over Wise Central.

Gate City with wins over Ridgeview and Wise Central would finish with 11 points and would force a one game playoff with Wise Central for the regular season title as that would mean a split with Central during the regular season.

Wise Central most likely wins the regular season with a win tonight over Gate City.

Thanks for this great info! Appreciate you taking time to share this with us.

So, I went back and looked at the schedules in this forum and saw that Wise Central girls played Lebanon already this season and play them again before the season is over.  The 7 points I factored for Central included 2 points for the win they already had over Lebanon, so I guess that really should be only 1 point since they play them again, meaning they would have 6 correct?  

If Union beats Lee tonight, they just need one more point to seal a top 2 seed right?

More or less... Realistically, Battle will only get 3 more points, and that's if they make up the Lee High game that got postponed.  I didn't see on the schedules where or if that one got rescheduled.

More or less... Realistically, Battle will only get 3 more points, and that's if they make up the Lee High game that got postponed.  I didn't see on the schedules where or if that one got rescheduled.

Has JSB played GC twice yet? If not, then yeah a win tonight about seals it, assuming GC beats them. As long as Union avoids the 4-seed, I like their chances of advancing forward.

It's still the old bball system that the regular season champ and tourney winner advance, and if reg season winner wins tourney then the second best finisher moves on right?

Per Battle's rschool site, it's been rescheduled for Feb. 10.  I haven't gotten around to updating some of the postponements, I'm lucky to have gotten the scores updated to the point I have.

Has JSB played GC twice yet? If not, then yeah a win tonight about seals it, assuming GC beats them. As long as Union avoids the 4-seed, I like their chances of advancing forward.

It's still the old bball system that the regular season champ and tourney winner advance, and if reg season winner wins tourney then the second best finisher moves on right?

No, JSB travels to GC on Tuesday the 31st.

Per Battle's rschool site, it's been rescheduled for Feb. 10. I haven't gotten around to updating some of the postponements, I'm lucky to have gotten the scores updated to the point I have.

Do you know if both Wise Central/Lebanon girls games count as a point each, or does just one of those games count for both points? I factored in Wise Central getting two points for beating Lebanon earlier in the season before I noticed that they played them again before the end of the season.