Gate City @ Union (2/7)

Leatherhead Larry

If they haven't figured out how to box out at this point....It's not looking hopeful. Has Dean even took any shots or what? I seen where he hasn't scored a point. Kinda suprised at that. Good to see Kimbler and Collier on the board though.

Yea I seen he had 9 pts....He needs to shoot the ball more. He's too hesitant at times and the kid can really shoot the rock. Glad other players are picking up the slack from Dean not having any points. Somewhat shocked at the lack of production from Dean the past few games....But there's also more players involved this game so that's a big plus. Dean's young so I don't suppose I should be too surprised in him not taking many shots in such a big game.

Must've been a better game than I expected it to be judging by the final score.

What kind of game was you expecting? I didn't expect it to be such a low scoring game that's for sure...But I'm not suprised by it being a close game.

What kind of game was you expecting? I didn't expect it to be such a low scoring game that's for sure...But I'm not suprised by it being a close game.

I expected a bigger point spread based on my seeing both of these teams twice. I was expecting around 25 pts diff.

I expected a bigger point spread based on my seeing both of these teams twice. I was expecting around 25 pts diff.

Rivalry game man... throw the records out the window.  What happened to Battle tonight?

Also, with our loss to Lee High, we have clinched last place in the conference and have a date with Union next week in the conference tournament.  Yippee.

Great crowd, great atmosphere! Good game overall but I was very suprised by the low score. GC had a couple of the "other" guys hit some big shots early that made the difference. And Ervin was a different player than game 1 when he was sick. Biggest thing that stood out to me was it seemed like Union didn't have any intensity at all in the 4th. Lots of standing around on both ends. I'm anxious to know if anybody else saw that or if it was just me.

Rivalry game man... throw the records out the window.  What happened to Battle tonight?

Also, with our loss to Lee High, we have clinched last place in the conference and have a date with Union next week in the conference tournament.  Yippee.

Don't know. I left for work after the my Son's JV game. What was the JSB/WC score? Has anyone heard?

I figured an 8-10 pt game. In a rivalry game like this one I didn't figure anyone would pull away. Although, when I seen the first qtr score I thought if McClung or Ervin got hot it was possible they might open it up. But sounds like the action kinda fell off and turned into a not so exciting game after the first half.

I have updated the CMC standings in the thread... Battle's loss to Central opens up possibilities now for either Lebanon, Central or Lee (longshot) to steal the 3 seed depending on what happens the rest of the week.

Girls, Central can clinch if we lose to GC tomorrow night, else, they have to beat Lebanon Friday to clinch.

Good team win tonight. Union didn't respect Collier, Vermillion, and Kimbler and they made it hurt. Those 3 combined for 20 points tonight and if took the pressure off of Dean and Ervin. Mac still did his thing but didn't have to force much. Around a 15 point game is what I expected and that's pretty much what we got. I don't think the game was ever in doubt. A very well officiated game as well, they let the game run itself. Union made a couple of runs but GC would answer right back. GC shutdown Mitchell, he only had 6 points. Slagle had 23.

Also, $621 50/50 raffle tonight. That's some big money.

McClung 24

Ervin 15

Kimbler 9

Collier 8

Dean 6

Vermillion 3