Gate City

Jason

Everyone who wanted to clean house got their wish. (Including me). Hopefully Chris Akers, Tim Burke, Aaron Daugherty, and Jamie Hackney can make it solid year. Some young coaches in the program now, hopefully they will bring the much need energy we need.  I know the boys are working hard. Seems like the players attitudes are little different than the past few years. Time will tell. 

Yeah, the schedule has been out since January.  But no word on scrimmages or a jamboree. 

I'll post it here, if it's easier.

8/25: @ Richlands

9/1: Abingdon

9/8: Sullivan South (TN)

9/15: @ Daniel Boone (TN)

9/22: @ Union (7pm?)

9/29: @ Ridgeview 

10/6: Marion

10/13: Lee High

10/20: @ John Battle

10/27: Wise Central

11/3: OPEN

I do like that schedule. Hopefully we will know something soon on scrimmages. Would love to get a benefit game this year. But not the way Grayson County hosted the last one. I didn't like that format at all. 

2 hours ago, Leatherhead Larry said:

Received some news today from a reliable source:

8/11: Volunteer @ Gate City - 6pm (Scrimmage)

8/18: Graham @ Gate City - 7pm (Benefit Game) 

Love that benefit game!

Graham will be an early measuring stick for GC.

If we can just block and defend the pass we'll be ok. Tim Burke is actually teaching these kids to defend the pass and how to wrap up tackling. And hopefully Aaron Daugherty can teach our boys something about blocking. Which I'm sure he can since he played for a Richlands program that was very solid up front. So far the word is that the boys are taking like to all the new assistants. Which in my book is vital to a successful program.