Richlands jamboree

bluesfan08

Thoughts from anyone who went? I didn't get to stay the entire time but from what I could tell defense looks really good!! Offense needs to block a lil more on the line but looked overall pretty good as well

My thoughts are: Offense, played better than I expected. The receivers surprised me by running some good routes and making some good plays. QB did better than last week, he ran the ball pretty good. The run game needs some work, but White ram the ball hard 

Defense, looked outstanding. They dominated the line of scrimmage against both teams. Line Backers was killing them, Justice had some big hits along with Bull and Johnson. Had multiple sacks, forced fumble, and one pick. The secondary is better than expected, but needs work. 

Get the offense going and it could be a great year.

20 minutes ago, 1Hokie said:

Any word on Luke Hyder? He needed to be helped off the field and left on a golf cart. 

If that was #60, (  I don't know all the players yet )  he went back in and played some more after they checked him out on the bench.  I have no idea as to what his injury was,  but he did go back in.  I hope somebody that may know more can let us know if he had any issues after the Jamboree.

1 hour ago, hhstigers7327 said:

Does anyone know if the Casey boys that transferred from Honaker to Richlands a couple weeks ago will factor in some playing time?

Not sure yet, I think  they will just start practice tomorrow. It's crazy the amount of kids out. At the Blue and white game including 8th grade there was 128 kids out. 76 will be dressing varsity. I'm just curious if they will have to order more uniforms and helmets.

43 minutes ago, local_insight said:

Not sure yet, I think  they will just start practice tomorrow. It's crazy the amount of kids out. At the Blue and white game including 8th grade there was 128 kids out. 76 will be dressing varsity. I'm just curious if they will have to order more uniforms and helmets.

Maybe order a few extras...you know just in case lol

6 hours ago, Bigrhsfan said:

If that was #60, (  I don't know all the players yet )  he went back in and played some more after they checked him out on the bench.  I have no idea as to what his injury was,  but he did go back in.  I hope somebody that may know more can let us know if he had any issues after the Jamboree.

I think Hyder is #56. It happened very late in the scrimmage. 

6 hours ago, local_insight said:

That right there is crazy. 128 divided by 5 is 25-26 kids on average per class. To have 25 kids per class and dressing 76 for varsity blows my mind for a school the size of Richlands. Lord man, that's a lot to choose from. GC is averaging roughly 12.5 per class which is about 1/2 of what Richlands has, yet the schools aren't that different in size.

How does Richlands pick the 76? Meaning, are all juniors and seniors automatically dressed, then they take best sophs and freshmen?  Also, why 76? Why not 60 or 80, etc.?

76 is the total on the roster. I am not sure how many will dress varsity. My guess would be the freshman and sophomores will be mainly jv but I have not confirmed that. I haven't had a chance to look at the middle school picture and count faces but what I am going on comes from media day.  

16 hours ago, 1Hokie said:

I think Hyder is #56. It happened very late in the scrimmage. 

Thanks man, I don't know the kids numbers as well this year as I have in the past so I wasn't sure and I left a little early so I missed Hyder's injury.   I hope he is alright and it wasn't anything serious. 

3 hours ago, fingernail said:

76 is the total on the roster. I am not sure how many will dress varsity. My guess would be the freshman and sophomores will be mainly jv but I have not confirmed that. I haven't had a chance to look at the middle school picture and count faces but what I am going on comes from media day.  

When I played almost all of the JV always dressed varsity, however we did not have 76 kids out. Normally about 55-60 .