City-County Bowl: Virginia High @ John Battle

V-Cats

For the first time in at least four years, this game is actually going to be interesting!

Battle made huge strides last year under Britt Stone and after nearly upsetting Abingdon last week, the Trojans have got to feel confident about their chances

On the other side, Michael Crist has an explosive backfield trio with QB Jamie Lathrop and RBs Michael Howard and Aaron Rose, to go along with a big and experienced offensive line

So, who takes home bragging rights this year?

As good as the offense will be this season, I think the defense will be far and away the most improved unit for the Cats. They are big, fast, and experienced on that side as well. People aren't used to seeing many good football teams from VHS. That has a chance to change this year. Cats win after withstanding Battle's emotional, fired-up start.

Cats - 31

JSB - 10

19 minutes ago, Battleborn said:

Thank you do they run a spread all the time or line up in diffrent formations 

Primarily spread. I think they had some run formations early, but don't really remember. Of course, this was a benefit game, so not sure how much was shown.

Here's their recap against Tazewell on Hudl. Looks to be primarily spread.

http://www.hudl.com/video/2/19410/59a208cef56a870d80d923ba

1 hour ago, Battleborn said:

Does va high use more of a air attack offense or do they like to keep it on the ground i havent seen them play and if they like to throw it then the weather could be a factor 

The Cats run their base O out of the 4 wide, singleback spread. They will also go to a 3 wide, 2RB formation. They also have a couple of power running formations, but they haven't run those much yet. Good luck tonight!

24 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

I think he's still fired up over that basketball game they played at Gate City several years ago... Lol

Lol...I sure do miss getting to play GC, nowadays. With our conference realignment of a couple years ago, we are missing out on decades old rivalries. Even though GC has dominated the football rivalry, VHS usually returns the favor in baseball