1997 PV-Appy article from BHC

sup_rbeast

4 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

First few seasons of Union, that was talked about. "He's from Appy." "That's a PV boy." So forth and so on. Since then, I couldn't tell ya. Haven't heard that mentioned by anyone around me either in quite some time. They have meshed so well, it's not really a topic of conversation any longer. Outside of a few kids, I don't have a clue who's from where. Someone else may know, but not me. Consolidation couldn't have gone better.

Consolidation is tough for 3-4 years and then your seniors never knew any different. 

Would James Mitchell have been a Viking or Bulldog?

Just now, EH31 said:

Consolidation is tough for 3-4 years and then your seniors never knew any different. 

Would James Mitchell have been a Viking or Bulldog?

Exactly about the seniors, and now that Appy/BSG have consolidated primary and middle schools, that childhood bond will only be stronger.

James would have been a Viking had consolidation not occurred. 

22 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

There is 0.00% chance Powell Valley would have beaten Graham in 1989.  Graham didn’t allow a single point until Game 9 and shut out 10 opppnents in all, including Southampton in the title game.  The one game Graham lost (mounting pressure from a national ranking and the scoreless streak), Graham avenged in a strong way in the playoffs.  Powell Valley would have been fortunate to have scored had the two met in the playoffs.

Giles scored on them...20 points if I'm correct....(i could be wrong)....and had numerous long TDs called back...eaves absolutely torched that defense but he was a one man team and Graham was by far the better team

17 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Giles scored on them...20 points if I'm correct....(i could be wrong)....and had numerous long TDs called back...eaves absolutely torched that defense but he was a one man team and Graham was by far the better team

Graham played Giles in Round 2, right?  I remember Graham surrendered 65 points all year and Salem and Giles has something like 43 of them.