VOTE for Week 6 Top 10

Bearcat Dad

9 hours ago, The U Bear said:

i look at these rankings and i know these are just peoples opinions and im not trying to throw shade at anybody or disrespect anybodys opinion. but do you guys really think chilhowie could beat the likes of union richlands olr graham? they are ranked by most ahead of these three teams and i just dont see it. 

Yes 

24 minutes ago, Hokie101 said:

At some point wins should have to be rewarded somehow, don't you think.  Chilhowie, up to this point, has taken care of every team that they've played so far.  Do we know if they would beat the likes of Union, Graham or Richlands?  I truly don't know because they don't play each other.  Unfortunately, for me, ODU beat VT last week so anything is possible.

This is the Casey Goetz approach. Which is why Chilhowie is number 1 in the WCYB poll. He and I have had multiple conversations on this at the station lol. 

2 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

This is the Casey Goetz approach. Which is why Chilhowie is number 1 in the WCYB poll. He and I have had multiple conversations on this at the station lol. 

Seeing that Graham and Richlands aren't in the WCYB coverage, who would you have as #1?  I'm assuming the VA and TN polls are separate.  I just can't predict that Union would defeat Chilhowie strictly because it's Union.  If wins don't count for something then why play and not just set the playoffs with the teams with the most historic background.  If we go by those standards then GC is a playoff team, and everybody knows they aren't.

5 minutes ago, Hokie101 said:

Seeing that Graham and Richlands aren't in the WCYB coverage, who would you have as #1?  I'm assuming the VA and TN polls are separate.  I just can't predict that Union would defeat Chilhowie strictly because it's Union.  If wins don't count for something then why play and not just set the playoffs with the teams with the most historic background.  If we go by those standards then GC is a playoff team, and everybody knows they aren't.

VA and TN are separate. I’d have it RV 1, Union 2 and Chilhowie 3. 

I understand they are undefeated and a great team. But so was JMU when they won a natty in FCS and they weren’t getting top 25 poll love for FBS. 

Its not their fault they are Class 2, and I do have them the highest of the Class 2 schools and even higher than a Class 3. Because I believe they can beat them. But I don’t think they can beat my top 5-6 teams. 

Its all personal opinion of course, but that’s how I look at it. 

9 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

I look at it the same way you do. But not everyone has the same beliefs and opinions. 

What is your thought and proof that Chilhowie couldn't beat any of those teams? And the answer can't be just, I don't think they can?

12 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

VA and TN are separate. I’d have it RV 1, Union 2 and Chilhowie 3. 

I understand they are undefeated and a great team. But so was JMU when they won a natty in FCS and they weren’t getting top 25 poll love for FBS. 

Its not their fault they are Class 2, and I do have them the highest of the Class 2 schools and even higher than a Class 3. Because I believe they can beat them. But I don’t think they can beat my top 5-6 teams. 

Its all personal opinion of course, but that’s how I look at it. 

I get it and that's what makes the polls fun because everybody takes a different approach.  I would definitely have Ridgeview as my #1 then Chilhowie then Union.  It really doesn't mean anything especially with Chilhowie and Union being in different classes but it does help create some dialogue back and forth, all in good fun.

As it stands, THIS YEAR Chilhowie could beat Union and the style of offense Union runs. Union's offense is kind of one dimensional and relies on long drives that lead to one big play. Get them in a shootout with a more pass oriented offense that has good overall team speed and they can't keep up. I do not think they could outduel Ridgeview at this point in the season, or Richlands for that matter,  those teams have just too many weapons through the air.