Week 6 Updates

Bulldog05

31 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

I actually think we were way better but this is the most undisciplined team I've ever seen.  If I was travis there would be a few kids sitting next week and yes I know who were playing.  I said a week or two ago our mouths would cost us and it happened tonight.  

I'm with Union_Fan, I don't believe Union was way better. I think the teams were close to even. Both teams dealt with untimely penalties but Unions were unnecessary stuff while Paintsville had some holding calls and stuff.

46 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

I actually think we were way better but this is the most undisciplined team I've ever seen.  If I was travis there would be a few kids sitting next week and yes I know who were playing.  I said a week or two ago our mouths would cost us and it happened tonight.  

I wholeheartedly agree about being undisciplined. I like a little swagger, but it has went way beyond that. 

9 hours ago, IRISH-FAN18 said:

VA High is a big maybe.

I would agree, but the speed in the VHS backfield concerns me. Lebanon has had trouble with speed all year. After watching Virginia  High 4 times, they are predictable on offense. Especially since they  have been mostly  running a form of the wildcat  with Thomas  at QB. If Lebanon  can keep him somewhat controlled it increases  their odds a lot. I think Lebanon  will be able to score on them enough if their passing game is working. Again though we will have to see, I've learned  not to get my hopes up with this pioneer team, because  they haven't figured out how to win yet. 

9 hours ago, Plywood_King said:

Yeah, those were the two I was thinking of XD

I found it hard to believe that Lebanon is winless. Not that Marion is a great team, but for goodness sake, Lebanon scored more points against Marion in the first four minutes of the game than Battle and Grayson did in eight quarters. They should have the numbers, size, and speed to compete as a middle of the road 2A team, they've just got to learn to win. I wouldn't be shocked if they surprise Tazewell too.

That's what I've noticed  as well. The major issue is their youth. They  have 19 freshman on the roster, some actually  play. So learning how to win is the hardest  part of formula  for them. I'm expecting  them to upset somebody on a night everything falls into place, who that team will be I'm not sure.  I honestly  expect them to be a decent team next season, they lose a couple important  players in the QB and and receiver, but they have a QB coming up who is quick and can throw on the JV squad  that is 3-1, with wins against Honaker,  Eastside,  and Grundy with their lose coming  to Ridgeview. Lebanon has some young talent coming up in the next year or two.