Two weeks to prepare

Topper24

George Wythe has two weeks to prepare for the big game with Galax. Will Harner and team throw up a bunch of points against Galax as they have the rest. And can they stop Galax in turn? They  played great against GC Friday. Thoughts on this one? 

If you look at the stats, GW actually didn't play bad against a fully loaded Radford team earlier in the season.  Got to go with Galax though. This team is on a mission to return to the state title, and the coaching and talent on this year's team I think is just to much for even an improved GW to handle, or any 1A team in the West for that matter..

This game scare me every year, two weeks to prepare really scares me lol. I have watched GW play twice and they certainly pass the eye test. QB is certainly a game changer. And I think it will come down to the passing game as Galax has been tuff against the run so far. 

For the record, Dixon doesn't fear anyone and relishes these games.  Galax has much more than one option at RB.  My only concern is the timing.  Galax schools are closed for two weeks from October 14-25 for intercession/remediation based on the "balanced" school calendar they adopted about 6 years ago.  It's nice for parents scheduling vacations at times other than summer break but absolute hell on athletics.  Give kids a two week break and they can get lazy and distracted very quickly.  It's also a constant fight for the coaching staff with the team mom's who see their friends going to the beach every October and they can't because little Johnny plays football.  Not making excuses but Galax coaches (football and volleyball) hate those two weeks every fall.  If they could do away with "intercession" they would in a heartbeat!

Now, lets save this conversation for next week.  Galax plays Fort Chiswell this week and that should be the focus! 

Not close; 42-14, Galax will be more discipline and better up front.  GW will probably have better looking athletes but undisciplined and will panic and quit letting it get out of hand.

3 hours ago, footballfanatic said:

31-14 GW

There is no way Galax  is held to 14 points in this game. Northside didn't even do that. High scoring game on both sides. 

GW will throw up points as Galax doesn't blitz much and doesn't get much pressure on QBs. So that certainly plays to GW advantage. But their D line is nasty against the run. 

6 hours ago, Topper24 said:

There is no way Galax  is held to 14 points in this game. Northside didn't even do that. High scoring game on both sides. 

GW will throw up points as Galax doesn't blitz much and doesn't get much pressure on QBs. So that certainly plays to GW advantage. But their D line is nasty against the run. 

northside played their middle school team in the 3rd and 4th quarters. Ive seen galax play not much team speed wont be able to hang with cole simmons, reyvon wells or brayden thompson on the outside or passing game. gw may just boat race them. Their RB who went to fort chisewell and transfered to galax is soft as charmin toilet paper and gw is like john wayne toliet paper, they dont take crap off no one!!

1 hour ago, footballfanatic said:

northside played their middle school team in the 3rd and 4th quarters. Ive seen galax play not much team speed wont be able to hang with cole simmons, reyvon wells or brayden thompson on the outside or passing game. gw may just boat race them. Their RB who went to fort chisewell and transfered to galax is soft as charmin toilet paper and gw is like john wayne toliet paper, they dont take crap off no one!!

I think you just exposed yourself as someone who is bitter about something or is just a troll who is upset that Brown left FC. because you have mentioned him several times negatively in posts. He went to school here as well before he went to fort and I never saw him shy away from contact even as a young player. 

1. Go watch the YouTube video of the Galax Northside Game and you will see Northside starters where in the whole game. 

2. The RB is certainly not afraid to hit someone. Watch any film and you will know this. 

3. And the funniest comment - that Galax has no team speed is Ludacris. They have speed in bunches. 

We will see Next Friday and there will be a very good chance we will see them again in the playoffs. 

18 minutes ago, Topper24 said:

I think you just exposed yourself as someone who is bitter about something or is just a troll who is upset that Brown left FC. because you have mentioned him several times negatively in posts. He went to school here as well before he went to fort and I never saw him shy away from contact even as a young player. 

1. Go watch the YouTube video of the Galax Northside Game and you will see Northside starters where in the whole game. 

2. The RB is certainly not afraid to hit someone. Watch any film and you will know this. 

3. And the funniest comment - that Galax has no team speed is Ludacris. They have speed in bunches. 

We will see Next Friday and there will be a very good chance we will see them again in the playoffs. 

im not bitter i just like to talk a little smack. not a fort fan

19 minutes ago, Topper24 said:

someone must be a galax fan and got a little butt hurt when talking about their RB. he is soft he hates to get hit, sorry truth hurts

LOL, no I'm not a Galax fan, i want GW to win. Just pointing out some of the things you was saying was way off base.  Maybe I took your smack talk as you being serious.