COVID questions/ make up date

jarhead24219

I was just wondering how things would be handled if there is a makeup date due to team-2 having COVID then say on the make up date team 1 has COVID issues with no way to make another date due to the end of the season. I read that if teams cannot agree to a make up date team that doesn’t have issues gets a “W” while the other team does not get a loss. This seems fair until you think about the make up date with the team that did not have issues during the original date but now they do. I know it’s no one’s fault but just wondering how the powers that be in the VHSL would deal with it

Let’s just face it, fall is turning crazier than spring. This season is a Covid crap shoot worse than a few short months ago. At this point, who knows what will happen the next few weeks. Regular season & playoffs ….it’s just going to be a mess. I hope I’m wrong. 

17 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Multiple surrounding counties around Giles are already starting to close schools and the Rec league football in Giles is halted until further notice. It’s only a matter of time before Giles and Narrows have to go a Friday or two without playing.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/us/virginia-covid-cases.html

https://www.mayoclinic.org/coronavirus-covid-19/map/virginia

Zoom in on the map, the counties bordering WV are glorified hot spots. I’m in shock Tazewell, Bland, Giles, etc. haven’t switched to remote learning. 

According to my sister, who teaches at twin valley there is a law that schools can only be closed almost similar to a emergency situation closing just long enough to sanitize the classrooms and must reopen urgently. No complete loss of in person learning is legal in the commonwealth now. 

I would think that the upcoming election for Governor and the new President has a thing or two to do with the schools still being open, we have pulled our grandkids out and gone to the remote learning After the holiday break and election we will be closed state wide. We are playing with our children’s lives right now, vaccines or not , mask or not,kids are dying, and the smaller ones and special need kids/ young adults don’t know how to take care of themselves 

14 hours ago, Football423276434 said:

According to my sister, who teaches at twin valley there is a law that schools can only be closed almost similar to a emergency situation closing just long enough to sanitize the classrooms and must reopen urgently. No complete loss of in person learning is legal in the commonwealth now. 

BEE....... ESSSSSSSSS

19 hours ago, Football423276434 said:

That's very true in TN, but not VA.