Grayson vs Galax

Topper22

From what I am being told if Galax wins this  Friday at Grayson they will turn around and host us the following Friday at Galax and win the MED outright.  

A win by Grayson gives a two way tie between Giles and Galax but does it  knock Galax out of the top of 1C and let Giles pass them? I DON'T WANT TO PLAY galax twice In a row. 

Thoughts on this and the outcome of the game itself? 

2 hours ago, Topper22 said:

From what I am being told if Galax wins this  Friday at Grayson they will turn around and host us the following Friday at Galax and win the MED outright.  

A win by Grayson gives a two way tie between Giles and Galax but does it  knock Galax out of the top of 1C and let Giles pass them? I DON'T WANT TO PLAY galax twice In a row. 

Thoughts on this and the outcome of the game itself? 

If Grayson beats Galax and Giles beats Glenvar then Giles should take the #1 spot. But if Galax and Giles both lose, Galax should stay #1. 

As far as the game goes, I was real impressed with how Grayson defended the single wing a few weeks ago but was shocked with how bad GW beat them down last week. Never really heard the details of that game but it seems like the steam may have been taken out of Grayson. Galax is solid on all sides of the ball, and the closer to playoffs the better Galax plays. I’m gonna take Galax by 21-24 points. 

Giles is not playing Glenvar Friday night…COVID issues; I think it’s a “no contest cancellation.” So I’m assuming for the most part other than bonus points their points freeze or will increase just a little.

In terms of not wanting to play Galax twice in a row…..umm beat Galax Friday night. That being said I think Grayson was exposed by GW and Galax will follow their blueprint and win Friday night pretty one sided 35-7 or so. The good news is you can see what works and what didn’t work and turn around and make adjustments and give it another try.

Galax seems to always get Grayson's best game and I'm sure we will Friday night. I'd say Grayson will throw some stuff at us that we haven't seen on film and it is a cross county rivalry so who knows. Galax hasn't really played a complete game since Radford and they need to start playing all 4 quarters and quit playing flat in the second  half. I don't want to have play them 2 weeks in a row either but it is what it is.

You guys are right Giles vs. Glenvar Sat @ 1.  I still see Galax beating Grayson and Giles playing somewhat close with Glenvar but in the end getting beat....still playing out Galax #1, Giles #2.

The freshman QB at Glenvar was supposedly coming to Radford for the start of his 7th grade season (a couple years ago) from what I was told, but family circumstances changed.  He's a great athlete with a great arm, very accurate.