Mountain 7

Backpack

Ive watched some of the RV boys this year.  They buzz around and are athletic and could cause some problems in the district with an upset win here and there.  Lots of football players..Hill, Counts and O’Quinn that you already know.  I thought they had Beavers playing but I was told he is a baseball/ track guy and was focusing on those sports.  I tell you.. Hill can score and Counts is a defensive tornado.  Not sure how good their half court set will be but they can run with the best of them.

4 hours ago, SwvaOG said:

Ive watched some of the RV boys this year.  They buzz around and are athletic and could cause some problems in the district with an upset win here and there.  Lots of football players..Hill, Counts and O’Quinn that you already know.  I thought they had Beavers playing but I was told he is a baseball/ track guy and was focusing on those sports.  I tell you.. Hill can score and Counts is a defensive tornado.  Not sure how good their half court set will be but they can run with the best of them.

They could finish third in M7 but there might be a decent gap between second and third. Union has another group of solid kids and the 2A POY, Abingdon has serious serious inside size and a great coach. I think it'll be tough for RV to pass either one of them but I think they and GC will battle hard for third.

RV will play Union at the best possible time for them, I think. It will be the fifth game Union plays in seven days. The previous four games, Abingdon, East Rockingham, Liberty Bedford and Gate City. Talk about a murderous stretch of the season.

I caught Wise Central and Ridgeview girls last Saturday in the Arby's Ladies.

I think they split the season series and finish in a tie for first in the regular season... both looked real good.  Depth could be a factor for Ridgeview though.  Had a couple injuries against Hampton Saturday and foul trouble.  Luckily they got out to a gigantic lead, because down the stretch they were done and gassed and were just trying to get to the finish line.

4 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

I caught Wise Central and Ridgeview girls last Saturday in the Arby's Ladies.

I think they split the season series and finish in a tie for first in the regular season... both looked real good.  Depth could be a factor for Ridgeview though.  Had a couple injuries against Hampton Saturday and foul trouble.  Luckily they got out to a gigantic lead, because down the stretch they were done and gassed and were just trying to get to the finish line.

Man I don't know Central looks like a state championship team to me.  But I've not seen Ridgeview yet either so they could win I guess