PM @ GALAX

MT FAN 91

Thoughts on this match-up? PM has the best self proclaimed O and D line in 1A I'm told according to an interview with one their players. I do believe they are good up front on both sides of the ball but they will be the best O and D line Galax has seen this year or the biggest I don't believe. I think Galax can match PM's physicality and hurt them some with their speed. Galax better be ready to gang tackle those big backs and hit them hard all night. I think Galax will have one of the best defenses PM has seen since they started their win streak. This will not be a cake walk for Galax but I think they find a way to win.

The big back for PM is going to get a massive amount of touches and if Galax doesn’t get on him early it will be a tuff out as he will keep the ball out of Galax hands. If Galax hits him hard and hang tackles early he will get wore down . Pm is not going to try and out speed Galax  to the edges as that isn’t happening, they will be up the middle all night. 

So Galax will have to score every time they get the ball because if they don’t sop the big back they won’t see it much like Giles 

1 hour ago, MT FAN 91 said:

Thoughts on this match-up? PM has the best self proclaimed O and D line in 1A I'm told according to an interview with one their players. I do believe they are good up front on both sides of the ball but they will be the best O and D line Galax has seen this year or the biggest I don't believe. I think Galax can match PM's physicality and hurt them some with their speed. Galax better be ready to gang tackle those big backs and hit them hard all night. I think Galax will have one of the best defenses PM has seen since they started their win streak. This will not be a cake walk for Galax but I think they find a way to win.

Don't know about the best OL and DL in Class 1, but the largest?  Well, I would like to see a team bigger than them at the Class 1 level.  Parry McCluer is huge.  Actually, one of the biggest Class 1 teams I've seen in recent memory.  They absolutely dwarfed Giles.  I'm certain Galax can match PM's physicality, but I think McCluer can match theirs.  Galax wins it in my opinion with big plays in the air.  Parry McCluer's pass defense is not very good.  We just don't have the ability to throw it effectively at Giles this year.  We had some guys very, very open, but the ball was just thrown short or off.  The QB for Galax in my opinion, will not miss.  He will connect on some of those passes and it will hurt McCluer.  I don't think Galax is going to take the ball and just run down the field on long sustained drives very well.  I think McCluer will cause problems there, but Galax will get the victory due to the QB's ability to hit intermediate passes which will hurt McCluer and that will be the difference.

The kid named John Snider (Bo Duke) for McCluer is only a junior from what I was told.  6"2, 225-230, and not much fat on his body.  He's a bruising running back, and equally vicious linebacker that throws major licks on the opponents running backs.  I think Galax wins by 17 points due to few long sustained drives, but big plays in the passing game.

5 minutes ago, Topper22 said:

The big back for PM is going to get a massive amount of touches and if Galax doesn’t get on him early it will be a tuff out as he will keep the ball out of Galax hands. If Galax hits him hard and hang tackles early he will get wore down . Pm is not going to try and out speed Galax  to the edges as that isn’t happening, they will be up the middle all night. 

So Galax will have to score every time they get the ball because if they don’t sop the big back they won’t see it much like Giles 

No doubt they will pound it right at us but I do believe the speed on Galax side of the ball may hurt PM.

6 minutes ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

Don't know about the best OL and DL in Class 1, but the largest?  Well, I would like to see a team bigger than them at the Class 1 level.  Parry McCluer is huge.  Actually, one of the biggest Class 1 teams I've seen in recent memory.  They absolutely dwarfed Giles.  I'm certain Galax can match PM's physicality, but I think McCluer can match theirs.  Galax wins it in my opinion with big plays in the air.  Parry McCluer's pass defense is not very good.  We just don't have the ability to throw it effectively at Giles this year.  We had some guys very, very open, but the ball was just thrown short or off.  The QB for Galax in my opinion, will not miss.  He will connect on some of those passes and it will hurt McCluer.  I don't think Galax is going to take the ball and just run down the field on long sustained drives very well.  I think McCluer will cause problems there, but Galax will get the victory due to the QB's ability to hit intermediate passes which will hurt McCluer and that will be the difference.

The kid named John Snider (Bo Duke) for McCluer is only a junior from what I was told.  6"2, 225-230, and not much fat on his body.  He's a bruising running back, and equally vicious linebacker that throws major licks on the opponents running backs.  I think Galax wins by 17 points due to few long sustained drives, but big plays in the passing game.

Probably not a bigger line in class one but Galax has seen some size in Graham, Glenvar and West Stokes  so hopefully that will have them prepared 

Galax wins 27-6 if they throw the ball a good bit as PM does not have a great pass D. The few times that Giles threw the ball which was on like 3rd and 20 when PM knew we were throwing it we had guys open every time. We’re just not equipped to throw the ball. Galax has a better run and pass defense than Giles so they shouldn’t have a problem keeping PM out of the endzone.