Appomattox County @ Glenvar

starcityfootballfan

Although outside of our usual geographical discussion frame, this game is very relevant to both 2D finalist.

Game is on Friday @ 2 pm.

2C ... the Raiders or the Highlanders? Your  thoughts/insight/prediction?

My intuition tells me ... and I hope that I am wrong .....

Appomattox County 35  Glenvar 21

Go G-Men!

1 hour ago, starcityfootballfan said:

Although outside of our usual geographical discussion frame, this game is very relevant to both 2D finalist.

Game is on Friday @ 2 pm.

2C ... the Raiders or the Highlanders? Your  thoughts/insight/prediction?

My intuition tells me ... and I hope that I am wrong .....

Appomattox County 35  Glenvar 21

Go G-Men!

I think that would be a reasonable prediction. I do believe that Glenvar will be able to move the ball somewhat.   The key for Glenvar is to contain Appomattox's speed and capitalize on their possessions.  Been trying to watch some games on NFHS.  I think Glenvar has some athleticism and good line-play. I think they will match up pretty well on the line of scrimmage.  Appomattox has more team speed and score on big plays a lot, but Glenvar has a couple of guys with a bit of speed.  If they can limit Appomattox from making big plays, perhaps to 1 or 2 long td's, I think they have a chance to beat them.  Glenvar can move the ball pretty well, but must produce points on their drives.  I would favor Appomattox in this matchup, but Glenvar is good enough to pull off the "w".  As mentioned before, they need to move the ball and run the clock and can't play catch-up.  Appo can score in a hurry, if they get behind.   Radford hung in there with Appomattox for a half and then fell apart in the 2nd half.  I plan on watching this game on Friday on NFHS.  I'll be pulling for the G-men on Saturday, so that whoever comes out of Region C will have to travel to Mitchell Stadium and take on the G-men at home.  To beat a team with more speed, the line has to have a good game and stop the plays early in their development.

Glenvar does not play well in the first quarter. They find ways to adjust in the second quarter and usually dominate the rest of the game. If Glenvar comes out flat again, the Raiders will jump out two or three scores early and won’t look back. I also don’t know if they will be able to contain Lawing. Radfords QB had a lot of success on the ground against Glenvar. I think it will be a 42-17 type game. 

Me either. I was going to go to this, but I'm heading up to the Beckley area (Coal City) to watch Bluefield and Independence. If Appo, Graham, win I will watch Appo coming to Mitchell against Graham.

I think Appo is to good for Glenvar. I think the Beavers win, but I think the Bluefield game is closer in score than Appo-Glenvar. I will follow/glance at Appo/Glenvar on my phone /NFHS while watching the Beavers in live action. For me, Independence's stadium is only about 20 minutes further than Glenvars in drive.

We passed ball for 400 yds on Appo, but our QB is more mobile (Radford) than Glenvars.

6 hours ago, Fairlawncat said:

Me either. I was going to go to this, but I'm heading up to the Beckley area (Coal City) to watch Bluefield and Independence. If Appo, Graham, win I will watch Appo coming to Mitchell against Graham.

I think Appo is to good for Glenvar. I think the Beavers win, but I think the Bluefield game is closer in score than Appo-Glenvar. I will follow/glance at Appo/Glenvar on my phone /NFHS while watching the Beavers in live action. For me, Independence's stadium is only about 20 minutes further than Glenvars in drive.

We passed ball for 400 yds on Appo, but our QB is more mobile (Radford) than Glenvars.

From what I've seen, Radford was a much tougher matchup on paper for Appomattox as opposed to Glenvar. I'm downright notorious for being wrong at this point but I would be surprised to see the Raiders lose here.