Lil’ Leonard’s Losers

ghos88t

We’re being a little slow or rather stuffed and lazy this weekend in pickin’ losers.  Three weeks ago Cousin Delbert said that if Fairmont Senior (#16) beat President Hoover’s high school (#1) they would be in the championship game. After The Flattails (#14) 1st round win over The (#3) Pointers, Cousin Delbert laughed and said they could go all the way. Oh well, that’s Cousin Delbert thinking and he’s been on a roll with his pickin’s lately.  

Ridgeview @ Graham

The Ridge Wolves appear to have gotten that late season hitch in their giddy up corrected. They survived the The Jinx of Richlands’ Lucky Horseshoe and knocked Coach Nature Boy Owens’s Warriors back down Space Mountain. Up next, The Revenuers. The Revenuers have thus far made it look easy in the playoffs, especially last week’s skinning of the U Bears. That could be a little bit of a problem for The Revenuers as they get deeper into the Playoffs. Even though the Ridge Wolves appear to be back on track they still won’t have enough to escape The Revenuers. It’ll be a better chase than last week but The Revenuers will have the Wolves trapped by the start of the 4th.

Lil’ Leonard’s Loser:

Ridgeview

Parry McClurer @ Galax

Last Friday Cousins Claude and Delbert rode up to “The Single Wang Grill” to check out a band called The Fighting Blues make some gridiron music. Cousin Delbert though they were going to eat some chicken wings.  This Blues band has been on a successful tour of late with 8 successes in a row and left P-Burg with a ninth big win. This week The Fighting Blues Band in “On The Road Again” to Galax where they know a thing or too about making some music on the gridiron. Now the Galax Fiddlers has usually been the band from C to beat for several years now if you want to play in Salem. The Fighting Blues may be a physical playing bunch, however they are going to learn a lesson like that Old Devil that went down to Georgia, tough to beat a Fiddler on his home turf.

Lil’ Leonard’s Loser:

Parry McCluer

Patrick Henry @ Holston

It looks like the Rowdy Rebels have rediscovered their offensive mojo the last couple of games and just in time as they take on the South Abington Baby Buzzards. The Rowdy Rebels lost to these Baby Buzzards earlier in the year and will be looking for a little revenge this Friday.  Last Friday the Baby Buzzards caught a bunch of Crawdads by playing 8 to 9 catchers in the box. They won’t be able to do that this week because the Rowdy Rebels will be attacking with revenge and running wild.

Lil’ Leonard’s Loser:

South Abington 

Lord Botetourt @ Abington 

We don’t know much about this crew except they Lost to E.C. Glass, Riverheads (who doesn’t) & Appomattox (oops) and beat Christiansburg. So they can’t be as big as Losers as The Blue Buzzards. Christiansburg, that’s who beat Abington.

Lil’ Leonard’s Loser:

Abington Blue Buzzards 

You must not be from SWVA?  Well Hokiebird, Uncle Percy would tell you it’s a place where you can find “tons” of hot air, bull snot, snobs, Politically Correct Mamby Pamby Millennials, and put ons.  Only decent thing Uncle Percy has ever said about the place is that it’s a handy spot for a pit stop.

10 minutes ago, ghos88t said:

You must not be from SWVA?  Well Hokiebird, Uncle Percy would tell you it’s a place where you can find “tons” of hot air, bull snot, snobs, Politically Correct Mamby Pamby Millennials, and put ons.  Only decent thing Uncle Percy has ever said about the place is that it’s a handy spot for a pit stop.

Pretty much sums it up

46 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Oh ok...never heard of it

It's very close to Bristol. When I go to Abingdon from Big Stone, we go towards Norton, thru Coeburn, St. Paul, Castlewood and then you get to where you go left if you're going to Lebanon or go right to go towards Abingdon. From there, straight shot into backside of Abingdon. 

6 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Sheesh

It's a good sized city. John Battle is very close, Holston is in the area, PH GS, then a little further and you get to Marion and Chilhowie. The 2019 census has Abingdon at around 8K people, compared to around 5K for BSG, and it's like I said right beside Bristol so it's a much bigger, more populated area than far far SWVA like Lee High or TW or even Union.

3 hours ago, BigWinners said:

It's very close to Bristol. When I go to Abingdon from Big Stone, we go towards Norton, thru Coeburn, St. Paul, Castlewood and then you get to where you go left if you're going to Lebanon or go right to go towards Abingdon. From there, straight shot into backside of Abingdon. 

3 hours ago, BigWinners said:

It's a good sized city. John Battle is very close, Holston is in the area, PH GS, then a little further and you get to Marion and Chilhowie. The 2019 census has Abingdon at around 8K people, compared to around 5K for BSG, and it's like I said right beside Bristol so it's a much bigger, more populated area than far far SWVA like Lee High or TW or even Union.

BigWinners, are you familiar with the saying, “as bright as a burnt out lightbulb”???  Guess what?  Hokiebird 7 is.  Good one Hokiebird.

8 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

I know nothing about several of the cities around Pearisburg and his area, if it was a genuine question I was gonna give a genuine answer. And it's not like Abingdon is a massive city known around the world lol 

Sorry to get you involved...it was a joke because it was spelled Abington and not Abingdon...I was messing with him till he acted like a fool...I thought you knew I was joking but obviously you didn't....my bad man