2022 open (and looking) dates - Updated Sat. 9/24

VHSLhelper

I doubt this years Giles team jumps on that game; they've been beat up a little and still some very physical games left.  I'd say they probably just take an extra bye week to get prepared and healthy.  It would be fun to see.

53 minutes ago, 44cov3 said:

I doubt this years Giles team jumps on that game; they've been beat up a little and still some very physical games left.  I'd say they probably just take an extra bye week to get prepared and healthy.  It would be fun to see.

Oh I'd say we would play if possible....kids want to play not practice for 2 straight weeks

4 minutes ago, VHSLhelper said:

Their parade is a couple of hours away.... that should get the word spread if true.

Maybe a county rematch? They don't have too many more opportunities

Craig County just posted it on their fbook page so it is true. I’m all for a another county clash rematch but since there’s a chance the two will play each other in 2 weeks(playoffs) I don’t see it happening this week.

2 hours ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Craig County just posted it on their fbook page so it is true. I’m all for a another county clash rematch but since there’s a chance the two will play each other in 2 weeks(playoffs) I don’t see it happening this week.

Pretty crappy on Craigs part to wait till Wed to cancel...and on narrows homecoming is really bad

1 minute ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Pretty crappy on Craigs part to wait till Wed to cancel...and on narrows homecoming is really bad

who waits til week 10 to schedule a homecoming? I know everybody wants to win their homecoming, but geeeesh. As successful as Narrows has been the last 5 or so years, are they still that insecure enough to have to wait til week 10, and schedule Craig Co. 

29 minutes ago, 60minuteMan said:

who waits til week 10 to schedule a homecoming? I know everybody wants to win their homecoming, but geeeesh. As successful as Narrows has been the last 5 or so years, are they still that insecure enough to have to wait til week 10, and schedule Craig Co. 

Never thought of that....doesn't make a lot of sense does it 

1 hour ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Can't say that. The "kids tried." The only sympathy and empathy allowed is for Graig County only, and Only the teams that cancel during the season. There can be absolutely no sympathy or empathy for the teams effected by the canceled teams. That's not allowed.

Once again, if you are without Michael Jordan's number, 23, on the field for game 1, you don't get to have a season. If you cancel mid-season, then you don't get to schedule district games for the next 2 years when you resume football. There are too many teams Athetic Directors getting a pass at the beginning of the season when they do NOT have enough, and ANY one event or hit quickly derails the season because there's no margin for error. This gets chalked up to the ole "college try and effort." In truth, it's borderline ignorance and somewhat narcissistic because I NEVER hear others sympathy for the Other teams effected by the cancelation.

10 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Can't say that. The "kids tried." The only sympathy and empathy allowed is for Graig County only, and Only the teams that cancel during the season. There can be absolutely no sympathy or empathy for the teams effected by the canceled teams. That's not allowed.

Once again, if you are without Michael Jordan's number, 23, on the field for game 1, you don't get to have a season. If you cancel mid-season, then you don't get to schedule district games for the next 2 years when you resume football. There are too many teams Athetic Directors getting a pass at the beginning of the season when they do NOT have enough, and ANY one event or hit quickly derails the season because there's no margin for error. This gets chalked up to the ole "college try and effort." In truth, it's borderline ignorance and somewhat narcissistic because I NEVER hear others sympathy for the Other teams effected by the cancelation.

I wonder if these teams that cancel still get their participation trophy

4 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

As of today he only has 12 healthy players. 

WHY start the season? Again, low numbers with ZERO margin for error for injuries or key events. It absolutely does suck for the kids at Craig, but it is also unfair to Narrows.  See the problem with trying to make "all equal or everything fair"? We get left with 2 unfairs instead of 1 unfair. 

7 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

WHY start the season? Again, low numbers with ZERO margin for error for injuries or key events. It absolutely does suck for the kids at Craig, but it is also unfair to Narrows.  See the problem with trying to make "all equal or everything fair"? We get left with 2 unfairs instead of 1 unfair. 

They lost 20% of their roster from the start of the season. Multiple injuries and players quitting.