North Cross and Giles

Hokiebird7

At least it’s our last year playing them, that’s what I’m happy about.  It’s going to get ugly very fast. We hung with them the first quarter last year (35-20 I believe was the score at the end of the first) and we were a better team last year and still let them put 66 points on us by the end. If we can keep it within 30 I’ll be happy. We can’t let this game get us down especially since we’ll have undefeated Grayson coming to town next week. 

4 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

At least it’s our last year playing them, that’s what I’m happy about.  It’s going to get ugly very fast. We hung with them the first quarter last year (35-20 I believe was the score at the end of the first) and we were a better team last year and still let them put 66 points on us by the end. If we can keep it within 30 I’ll be happy. We can’t let this game get us down especially since we’ll have undefeated Grayson coming to town next week. 

At least it don't count in points either

6 minutes ago, Stranger danger said:

9, 10 years ago, this would of been a great matchup. Right now, not so much. Actually, the Giles defense has played the pass way better this year than last. Hopefully they keep that up

They have played the pass better....problem is we still have nobody other than #5 that can keep up with any of their international weapons lol

North Cross by as many as they want. Why even play this game? Let's risk someone getting injured up against a small college basically.

Someone told me the JV for Giles is pretty darn good. Any truth to that? 

10 minutes ago, nrv_football said:

North Cross by as many as they want. Why even play this game? Let's risk someone getting injured up against a small college basically.

Someone told me the JV for Giles is pretty darn good. Any truth to that? 

Truth....a lot of talent 

13 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Keep these younger kids interested and if they stick together we will be fine 

Unless there are major changes to the off-season programs one should expect Giles to remain stagnant. J.V. Is a great indication of raw talent but if other schools are passing you in the off-season, they will continue beating you. 

3 hours ago, 1Wingit23 said:

Unless there are major changes to the off-season programs one should expect Giles to remain stagnant. J.V. Is a great indication of raw talent but if other schools are passing you in the off-season, they will continue beating you. 

Guess we'll see what happens