Week 9: Ridgeview @ Abingdon

SwvaOG

19 minutes ago, Backpack said:

I hear ya.  Man these seniors have been thru it.  3 new head coaches in 4 years and 3 different OCs. As good as they are, they deserve better and  I hate to see them screwed over when they have so much potential. 

I agree with you!  Sad thing is all we can hope for is for things to change. 

11 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Sure....apply for the head coaching job then

Or would you rather just complain 

Or, even better, complain about them complaining. Imagine that guy.  We had to listen to Union fans rail about Turner ( which most on the board felt was not fully deserved) so you can handle RV fans complaining (which the consensus of those who actually follow RV say is totally earned).

5 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

Or, even better, complain about them complaining. Imagine that guy.  We had to listen to Union fans rail about Turner ( which most on the board felt was not fully deserved) so you can handle RV fans complaining (which the consensus of those who actually follow RV say is totally earned).

I think anybody other than a Stanley can see it.  

18 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

Yeah great way to think about it....sorry to interrupt the Ridgeview bleacher/message board coaches bitch fest....continue

3 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Yeah great way to think about it....sorry to interrupt the Ridgeview bleacher/message board coaches bitch fest....continue

No worries.  See yourself out.  Don’t click.  Don’t comment. Or educate yourself by watching some of their film and provide some insight.  

9 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Sorry to upset you coach...oh sorry I meant message board coach 

Didn’t upset me guy.  Just educating you on some of your options in case you weren’t aware. You  locked on this thread, scrolled down …read the comments and provided us with a nugget of wisdom.  If you don’t like the thread content you don’t have to read it.  Don’t burden yourself.  Surely you don’t expect everyone to just stop now that you’ve voiced your displeasure.  It’s obvious you’re not aware of all the chaos the RV kids have had to endure the last several years…..due to adults and coaches and local politics that still persist.   So, when you’re being a smart ass and asking why don’t those posting just coach the team it doesn’t help.  

8 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

Didn’t upset me guy.  Just educating you on some of your options in case you weren’t aware. You  locked on this thread, scrolled down …read the comments and provided us with a nugget of wisdom.  If you don’t like the thread content you don’t have to read it.  Don’t burden yourself.  Surely you don’t expect everyone to just stop now that you’ve voiced your displeasure.  It’s obvious you’re not aware of all the chaos the RV kids have had to endure the last several years…..due to adults and coaches and local politics that still persist.   So, when you’re being a smart ass and asking why don’t those posting just coach the team it doesn’t help.  

Lighten up francis...and please don't tell me what to do or say

I like reading comedy...it makes me laugh....thank you for that

15 hours ago, SwvaOG said:

A lot of people are now catching on to what has been going on at RV for past couple of months.  I’ve not responded as everyone else is doing a dang good job of venting.  As I stated previously, I’m pretty close to the Beavers family, the uncle more than the dad but still know him well. I spent part of the weekend with both of them this weekend.  Beavers’ dad is just kinda numb to it now.  He’s got all the stats and shit memorized and he’s kinda guy that likes to look at the numbers.  Kid touches the ball about 4 times a game and scores on about 40% of those touches.  They have no idea why coaches won’t involve him more.  Coaches don’t communicate with parents at all. (Maybe that’s good or bad). Kid is pretty chill about it though.  He said “J, it is what it is. I try to stay ready when they need me.”  For better or worse, he isn’t the kid to demand the ball or push to get more touches. 
I won’t go into details but there’s a lot of frustration built up with a lot of people in and around the program.  The dad used to post on here quite a bit but he’s stopped now.  Said it’s all too damn frustrating and he’s gonna do more fishing.  Lol.

I know some players and most coaches, but not Beavers. Big credit to him for having his head in the right place.