Week 9: Ridgeview @ Abingdon

SwvaOG

3 hours ago, PackDadx4 said:

RV offensive coaches are AWFUL period! Big IF here but IF they make it to play the G-men obviously it’s going to be in Bluefield and I’ll guess it’s about the same result as last year if not worse. 

Tunnel screens, quick slants, playmakers in space…..don’t see it. Bombs away! 

You won't have to wait till they play Graham at Mitchell to see them lose in Bluefield... it's going to happen next Friday.

Maybe Ridgeview is trying to psych out everyone & they're saving screens, short passes, bubble passes, etc. for playoffs? 🤷🏻‍♂️ If not, they may find it difficult to make a deep run. 

There’s so much talent on that team but Bluefield is reaching their stride and I wouldn’t be shocked if the Beavers win unless Ridgeview utilizes Beavers better (pun intended). 

If I’m not mistaken, I may have read it on here. The Beavers kid’s dad played for Richlands where Dennis “ Snake” Palmer coached at the time. I’d say he’s well aware the Graham will have their defense ready if they meet Ridgeview in the playoffs. Rex & Snake will have those boys prepared on defense, the question is, will Ridgeview change up their offense? I watched on NFHS last night, I agree with everyone else, offense play calling is very lacking. 

2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Abingdon showed a lot of diversity in their offense as well.  I think they ran 3 plays all night.  4 counting the illegal pick on their first score but they didn't go back to it. SMH all night. 

Horrible no call.  Happened right in front of official.

35 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Maybe Ridgeview is trying to psych out everyone & they're saving screens, short passes, bubble passes, etc. for playoffs? 🤷🏻‍♂️ If not, they may find it difficult to make a deep run. 

There’s so much talent on that team but Bluefield is reaching their stride and I wouldn’t be shocked if the Beavers win unless Ridgeview utilizes Beavers better (pun intended). 

If I’m not mistaken, I may have read it on here. The Beavers kid’s dad played for Richlands where Dennis “ Snake” Palmer coached at the time. I’d say he’s well aware the Graham will have their defense ready if they meet Ridgeview in the playoffs. Rex & Snake will have those boys prepared on defense, the question is, will Ridgeview change up their offense? I watched on NFHS last night, I agree with everyone else, offense play calling is very lacking. 

I don’t know man.  The sad thing is Head coach won’t listen to nobody but Man Bun his son and as you can see he doesn’t know what he’s doing.  There is enough talent on that team for it to be one heck of a game if Ridgeview and Graham both make the Region D Championship game if plays was calls right but I don’t see it happening. I’m not sure we will even make it there now with the way he called the game tonight.   I just hate it for these boys who have worked there butts off for this season.  

Prime example of bad play calling.  RV has the ball with about 3:30 to go in the game; Abingdon has 2 timeouts left.  Run on first down for no gain, timeout Abingdon (1 remaining).  Incomplete pass on 2nd down, clock stops.  Incomplete pass on 3rd down, clock stops.  RV's final drive lasted about 15 seconds and they only made Abingdon use one timeout that set up the potential game-tying drive.  Play calling like this is what gets you beat against good teams.  Unless something changes, they will lose to Bluefield and Gate City and will probably be eliminated in the 2nd round.  

15 hours ago, 70Chip said:

But Little Stanley has cute hair and 5 years experience as a middle school coach. That has to account for something 

Heard that was the whole reason dewayne took the job so his son could have it when he’s done. Also heard that when he took it he was taking it so his son could call the offense and I said no way that happens.  One is true guess the other may be too 

10 minutes ago, Backpack said:

Heard that was the whole reason dewayne took the job so his son could have it when he’s done. Also heard that when he took it he was taking it so his son could call the offense and I said no way that happens.  One is true guess the other may be too 

Im surprised that Grant (the AD) hasn’t put his foot down.  I was worried the first time I saw the about being brought to the sideline every play against Burton. That is a complete waste of time. This offense should be running a modified hurry up most of the time. With a short to intermediate passing game. That would open up the running game that could work some. 

3 hours ago, Wolf1207 said:

Im surprised that Grant (the AD) hasn’t put his foot down.  I was worried the first time I saw the about being brought to the sideline every play against Burton. That is a complete waste of time. This offense should be running a modified hurry up most of the time. With a short to intermediate passing game. That would open up the running game that could work some. 

I’d say a few are wishing they’d held on to Edwards 

I’ve been following this site for years and never posted, Stanley and his son have me fed up. I try to bite my tongue, but why would you run off someone like Bubba Edwards and replace him with little Stanley. It’s not because of experience, I think it’s straight nepotism.

5 hours ago, Packman said:

I don’t think they ran Edwards off.  Edward’s is good friends with Tiller and when Tiller was let go I heard he wasn’t going to stay because of that.  

You hear all kinds of things but I doubt that was it.  He’s coached without tiller before.  My guess is he knew he wouldn’t be running the offense because of the Stanley takeover. 

A lot of people are now catching on to what has been going on at RV for past couple of months.  I’ve not responded as everyone else is doing a dang good job of venting.  As I stated previously, I’m pretty close to the Beavers family, the uncle more than the dad but still know him well. I spent part of the weekend with both of them this weekend.  Beavers’ dad is just kinda numb to it now.  He’s got all the stats and shit memorized and he’s kinda guy that likes to look at the numbers.  Kid touches the ball about 4 times a game and scores on about 40% of those touches.  They have no idea why coaches won’t involve him more.  Coaches don’t communicate with parents at all. (Maybe that’s good or bad). Kid is pretty chill about it though.  He said “J, it is what it is. I try to stay ready when they need me.”  For better or worse, he isn’t the kid to demand the ball or push to get more touches. 
I won’t go into details but there’s a lot of frustration built up with a lot of people in and around the program.  The dad used to post on here quite a bit but he’s stopped now.  Said it’s all too damn frustrating and he’s gonna do more fishing.  Lol.

19 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

A lot of people are now catching on to what has been going on at RV for past couple of months.  I’ve not responded as everyone else is doing a dang good job of venting.  As I stated previously, I’m pretty close to the Beavers family, the uncle more than the dad but still know him well. I spent part of the weekend with both of them this weekend.  Beavers’ dad is just kinda numb to it now.  He’s got all the stats and shit memorized and he’s kinda guy that likes to look at the numbers.  Kid touches the ball about 4 times a game and scores on about 40% of those touches.  They have no idea why coaches won’t involve him more.  Coaches don’t communicate with parents at all. (Maybe that’s good or bad). Kid is pretty chill about it though.  He said “J, it is what it is. I try to stay ready when they need me.”  For better or worse, he isn’t the kid to demand the ball or push to get more touches. 
I won’t go into details but there’s a lot of frustration built up with a lot of people in and around the program.  The dad used to post on here quite a bit but he’s stopped now.  Said it’s all too damn frustrating and he’s gonna do more fishing.  Lol.

And it’s sad too when you go from touching it 10-15 times a game to 4 when your one of the fastest guys in state (5th in state 100 m dash) last year.  His dad is taking it better than I would, i just don’t understand that it’s like the bomb is the only play they want to run with him. You know how about a comeback route with him if you can’t think of anything else Lil Stanley or is that too hard too ? He’s a very intelligent young man who has a very high football IQ just by watching him play.   One thing I have noticed about him is instead of putting his head down and pouting he has became even better on defense now and i think one of the reasons our defense is playing better.  I really commend the young man for being about the team. I know he’s not getting done right but he’s showing his maturity on how he’s handling it. I mean why would you not do the things that worked for us last year??  I mean I don’t get it?? And O’Quinn can never get in a rhythm because his first 5 passes of game usually are bombs so i mean how can he get in any kind of rhythm. I think he has good stats considering the plays that have been called.   These boys deserve better!

3 minutes ago, Duke2015 said:

I understand after seeing Ridgeview play guys but they are undefeated, come on down to BSG and watch us get more penalties than first downs and you might not feel so bad 

The only reason why ridgeview is undefeated is because of the defensive play.   

10 minutes ago, Duke2015 said:

I understand after seeing Ridgeview play guys but they are undefeated, come on down to BSG and watch us get more penalties than first downs and you might not feel so bad 

I feel this in my soul, lol! GMen had 11 penalties I think against Pulaski. 

All I can say is, most on here with Pack messages, are not Pack people, they are other team switch there names,I am a Wolfpack man, throw all your trash you want to, You will see who wins,Go Wolfpack Win Win Them all.🤣

5 minutes ago, Packman15 said:

All I can say is, most on here with Pack messages, are not Pack people, they are other team switch there names,I am a Wolfpack man, throw all your trash you want to, You will see who wins,Go Wolfpack Win Win Them all.🤣

Pretty sure I wouldn’t be begging for ridgeview to change their offensive scheme and coaches if I wasn’t from ridgeview. If I’m from another team, I’m telling them to leave it exactly like they have it because they are their own worst enemy 

41 minutes ago, Packman15 said:

I’m a Ridgeview guy!! Graduated from Clintwood.   Just tired of seeing kids being done wrong! 

4 minutes ago, Packman said:

I’m a Ridgeview guy!! Graduated from Clintwood.   Just tired of seeing kids being done wrong! 

I hear ya.  Man these seniors have been thru it.  3 new head coaches in 4 years and 3 different OCs. As good as they are, they deserve better and  I hate to see them screwed over when they have so much potential.