Grayson at Galax

MT FAN 91

Thoughts on this one? Galax looked much better on both sides of the ball Friday night and Grayson took their first loss of the season to GW. If Galax plays like they did Friday night I think the can get the win. Should be a good one.

30 minutes ago, Pickett said:

Who will Coach Gillispie be pulling  for? Odd situation.

I'm sure he will do all he can to help Galax win but at the same time hoping his son has a good game and all of the kids stay healthy.

Grayson county will struggle to stop Galax’s run game especially with the new sets they are running and Galax will not be able to stop Grayson pass game. Grayson had two long potential TD passes dropped against GW.   GW could not contain Grayson outside receiver threat. They beat their dbs constantly all night long. the only thing that saved them is GW lived in Graysons back field and the QB just outright missed some throws. 

This game will come down to coaching and who makes the least mistakes.

I might be wrong again like I said I thought Radford would beat Glenvar by 14.  I think Galax wins by at least a TD.  This game is not only a rivalry but plays big into playoff seating.  Because of that I see Galax being used to this situation and Grayson playing tight for a while allowing Galax to get a jump start early.  I also think last week we saw where the weaker schedule came into play for Grayson; hitting big plays all year with little QB pressure and then boom a defense who got after the QB leading to some misthrows.  I know GW beat Galax, but I think GW laid the blue print for Galax on how to beat Grayson.  Galax takes that film and adjusts to have even a better game plan.  Like I said Friday night I might be completely wrong.  Just my 2 cents

Hearing from Galax administration, this game may be moved to Saturday. Apparently, Grayson has the flu bug going through the locker room and would like another day to recover. A final decision will be made by this afternoon. 

Umm home team has final decision on game date and time....not sure why they'd adjust their game for opponents because of some kids being sick. I know that would be good "sportsman ship" but each week teams have sickness and injuries and they make adjustments for what they have left and play the game. Unfortunate situation of course, but move a game because of it not a fan.  No dog in this fight and dont care who wins, just too much softness going on the past few years.  

1 hour ago, sixcat said:

Hearing from Galax administration, this game may be moved to Saturday. Apparently, Grayson has the flu bug going through the locker room and would like another day to recover. A final decision will be made by this afternoon. 

Galax has the same thing happening right now.....ha e had several sick this week

11 minutes ago, MT FAN 91 said:

Galax has the same thing happening right now.....ha e had several sick this week

I guess moving the game would be mutually beneficial if that's the case. We're supposed to know for sure sometime after lunch but I suspect it's going to be moved to Saturday. 

14 minutes ago, sixcat said:

I guess moving the game would be mutually beneficial if that's the case. We're supposed to know for sure sometime after lunch but I suspect it's going to be moved to Saturday. 

Yeah sucks cause I've already got tickets to the Tech game so I'll be in Blacksburg and it will be the first Galax game I've missed in over 12 years. I assume  it will be a day game of it's moved to Saturday?

1 hour ago, MT FAN 91 said:

Yeah sucks cause I've already got tickets to the Tech game so I'll be in Blacksburg and it will be the first Galax game I've missed in over 12 years. I assume  it will be a day game of it's moved to Saturday?

Sell those tickets… Galax/Grayson will be a lot more enjoyable lol 

7 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Sell those tickets… Galax/Grayson will be a lot more enjoyable lol 

I have no doubt that you're right but my 6 year old daughter would be highly upset with that decision so I guess we'll be taking her to Blacksburg...lol

Galax by 10.......Gillispie is probably best player in Region C and Doss as Def Coord with his college experience is perhaps the best defensive coach in area.  Coached at Ferrum and E/H as DC. Just an opinion. 

Although Gillespie is by far the best athlete in graysons team and one of the main factors that they have done as well as they have this year - I agree the Vaught kid is the best player in Region 1C.  

As for the game- the key will be Galax’s D line getting pressure on the QB. with Galax’s notorious slow starts , kids who don’t play with a lot of emotion and on top of that alot of kids being sick or just getting over it and missing practice all week. Graysons wins this one by two tds. The outside passing threat is to much for Galax’s DBs, and Galax has not had a pass rush all year .

49 minutes ago, Topper22 said:

Although Gillespie is by far the best athlete in graysons team and one of the main factors that they have done as well as they have this year - I agree the Vaught kid is the best player in Region 1C.  

As for the game- the key will be Galax’s D line getting pressure on the QB. with Galax’s notorious slow starts , kids who don’t play with a lot of emotion and on top of that alot of kids being sick or just getting over it and missing practice all week. Graysons wins this one by two tds. The outside passing threat is to much for Galax’s DBs, and Galax has not had a pass rush all year .

Galax does not always go after the QB but when they've this year they've put pressure on them. A lot of the times it depends on if it is a running QB or not whether or not they go after them. Just curious, do you watch all the Galax games or do you go around to other games that are intriguing in the area?