Grayson at Galax

MT FAN 91

29 minutes ago, MT FAN 91 said:

Galax does not always go after the QB but when they've this year they've put pressure on them. A lot of the times it depends on if it is a running QB or not whether or not they go after them. Just curious, do you watch all the Galax games or do you go around to other games that are intriguing in the area?

I am just a football fan in general. My wife works for the Grayson school system and I work in the Wythe Galax area and discuss football with my peers everyday. My wife has women study group on Fridays at the house so I vacate the premises and go to games .

Although my wife is from the area is All in on grayson , I am not originally from here . I myself enjoying watching all the teams and go to whichever match up is better that week.  Which ever I don’t attend that weekend I’ll watch on NFHS that night or later that week.  

1 minute ago, Topper22 said:

I am just a football fan in general. My wife works for the Grayson school system and I work in the Wythe Galax area and discuss football with my peers everyday. My wife has women study group on Fridays at the house so I vacate the premises and go to games .

Although my wife is from the area is All in on grayson , I am not originally from here . I myself enjoying watching all the teams and go to whichever match up is better that week.  Which ever I don’t attend that weekend I’ll watch on NFHS that night or later that week.  

Oh ok just wondering because you seem to have some knowledge about several area teams. Looking forward to a good one tonight 

16 minutes ago, Optimal62 said:

I could be wrong but I think this one comes down to the team with the fewest mistakes.  
 I hope Galax comes out on fire and plays a great 4 quarters of ball. 

I still believe if Galax plays like they did last week that they will get the win, if they play like they did against Fort and GW I think Grayson will roll them. 

Galax rattled Grayson QB early and he short armed several passes straight into the ground.First offensive pllay for Grayson Galax D line blasted two offensive lineman on their back into the QB lap.  And dominated the LOS the rest of the night.
 Putting the Tucker kid in wildcat was smart move. 

I stand corrected on 2 points....Vaught is the best player in Region C and the Galax Coaching Staff did a great job verse a very good Grayson D.   First time in a long time Grayson had more skill than Galax but Grayson line play was astrocious.  Grayson has zero run threat at all between the tackles. 

8 hours ago, Pickett said:

I stand corrected on 2 points....Vaught is the best player in Region C and the Galax Coaching Staff did a great job verse a very good Grayson D.   First time in a long time Grayson had more skill than Galax but Grayson line play was astrocious.  Grayson has zero run threat at all between the tackles. 

They had been running the ball great all year until Friday night, even against GW. First play their o line got blown into the backfield. Galax front Seven played phenomenal Friday. Grayson had less than 5 yards rushing until the kid broke a long one toward end of the game when Galax was in long pass Defense. Think they ended up with 43 yards rushing. 

I've been saying it since Grayson fought to come down to Class 1 claiming they would immediately compete for state championships, until they get stronger up-front, they are just going to be an average team. It's nice to have weapons on the outside but when your QB is being hit as he receives the snap, it doesn't do you any good.

Grayson's QB was 14-40 for 171 yards and 3 interceptions. Grayson finished with 73 yards rushing with 48 of those yards coming on one play with under 2 minutes remaining in the game when Galax had 7 players in deep coverage. The Gillespie kid was a non-factor. He had zero rushes, caught 1 pass for 10 yards, and had 26 punt return yards. Grayson was 3-18 on 3rd and 4th down conversions for the game. That's a clear indication, you're getting manhandled up-front. 

RJ Vaught and AJ Ashworth are worth the price of admission!!!

Accurate assessment.....Grayson has best run of skill kids in a long time but have no run game to speak of.  The rely on big plays in pass game and have been really good in kick return game.  The Superintendent is pouring a ton of resources into this group.

15 minutes ago, Pickett said:

The Superintendent is pouring a ton of resources into this group.

Resources may pay dividends during basketball season but it's not going to get them any further into the playoffs in football. They need a better weight training program and better participation within that weight training program. It's much easier said than done, especially for a county school that has to rely on transportation to get kids participating in those sessions. Galax has a clear advantage simply due to geography. It's easier to get 40 kids to the school when you're covering 8 square miles as opposed to 446 square miles.

I suspect, Grayson is going to make a nice run in basketball. They have a ton of athletes with decent size and great agility. And they play a ton of AAU basketball. They should be very good.