Richlands Girls SWD Regular Season Champions

Gridiron60

Will be interesting to see how far they go in the regional playoffs. I'm assuming they should cruise on through the SWD tournament. 

Does anyone know how the M7 is shaping out on the girls' side? Who would be the likely 4 seed that Richlands would have to play in the opening game?

1 hour ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Most likely Ridgeview or Union depending on who would win  the consolation between those two.  Even though both of those are capable of winning their tournament semifinal game and getting to the championship game, I think Central and GC are clearly better than Ridgeview and Union.

Thank you, kind sir. 

4 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Will be interesting to see how far they go in the regional playoffs. I'm assuming they should cruise on through the SWD tournament.

I wonder also mainly because Richlands used to play Bluefield & Union and traded those for much weaker opponents in single A. I’d say they cruise round one in regional and may have to fight hard to get any further. When is the last time Richlands won both the SWD & the Region? I would presume during the Brittany Allen era? 

13 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

I wonder also mainly because Richlands used to play Bluefield & Union and traded those for much weaker opponents in single A. I’d say they cruise round one in regional and may have to fight hard to get any further. When is the last time Richlands won both the SWD & the Region? I would presume during the Brittany Allen era? 

Yeah. That would be the last time for sure. 
I don't think they'll win the region, but I do think they have the potential to qualify for the state tournament. 

13 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Didn't Richlands play Honaker x2 this year and win both?  I wouldn't call that a weak single A since they're three time defending champs.  Did they play Twin Valley?  They're pretty stout this year also.

I would also say that they won't "Cruise" in round one either.  Both Union and Ridgeview split with Central this year.  Richlands can beat either one that they wind up playing, especially with home court advantage.  But it won't be easy.

3 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Didn't Richlands play Honaker x2 this year and win both?  I wouldn't call that a weak single A since they're three time defending champs.  Did they play Twin Valley?  They're pretty stout this year also.

I would also say that they won't "Cruise" in round one either.  Both Union and Ridgeview split with Central this year.  Richlands can beat either one that they wind up playing, especially with home court advantage.  But it won't be easy.

I would say that is a reference to Hurley who they beat 53-20 and 54-5 according to MaxPreps.  They beat Grundy handily as well both times.  Scheduling isnt always as easy as people think it is though either. Any matchup with who comes out of the M7 will not be a cake walk for Richlands into the semis.

4 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

I hate the format where you lose the region title game but can still win a state title.

Should be you lose, you're season is complete 

In Kentucky it is that way.  Plus there's only one state champion also.  Not multiple class champions.  One overall champion.