There are only 4-5 more countries safer than the USA for murder rates in the entire world?

Of 193 countries in the world that have murder rankings, the USA would rank (keywords- "would rank) 189th out of 193.  193 being the least dangerous for murders and number 1 means the most dangerous for murders.  The USA currently ranks 3rd in the world as most dangerous for murder. 

So, what is the difference.  Why do we rank 3rd in the world (very dangerous for murder) and not 189th (extremely safe)?  We have 5 cities- Chicago, Detroit, Philadelphia, St. Louis, and DC.  If you remove those 5 cities, the US instantly becomes 189th out of 193 countries regarding murder safety.  Add in those 5 cities, and we currently rank 3rd out of 193 which is the 3rd most dangerous for murder.  All 5 of those cities above?  Complete-as in...ABSOLUTE Democratic control in which at least 90% of the city council is Democratic and the Mayors are all Democratic and those 5 cities have among the strictest gun control measures of any localized area in the United States.

Mississippi and Louisiana lead the nation in murder rate and it's not close. They average 34 people per 100,000.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/sosmap/homicide_mortality/homicide.htm

If we look toward city totals. Chicago ranks 10th, Philadelphia 12th and DC 19th. Maybe stop listening to the sallatious media. All of these murder rates by city are high but not any more-so than they were two decades ago. And I think you'll find, 11 of the 20 on this list are Republican led cities. 

https://worldpopulationreview.com/us-city-rankings/cities-with-most-murders

Stop listening to sallatious media and bullshit social media posts!!!

True, I should have did my homework before posting that data.  I took Rob Schneider at his word, lol.  In summary, US murder rates and US total murders would not go from 3rd to 189th if you take out the 5 cities I listed.  A retraction in order.  Evidently, this statement regarding the 5 cities above and the murders has been around since 2015 (I finally did my homework here) and it has been proven to absolutely be 100% false.  

3 hours ago, 1inStripes said:

There are lies, damned lies and statistics.

Who/what to believe, statistics from several leading centers for the advancement of sciences or a Facebook meme?

I know which I'm choosing but you do you!!!

2 hours ago, sixcat said:

Who/what to believe, statistics from several leading centers for the advancement of sciences or a Facebook meme?

I know which I'm choosing but you do you!!!

Im just saying it in general.  Its very easy to pick any statistic and shape it how someone sees fit.  That wasn't a jab at you @sixcat.   Could fit easily for both really.  Some could go on total murders, per capita murders.    Its just an old figure of speech I like to throw out anytime people counter others statistics.

12 minutes ago, 1inStripes said:

Im just saying it in general.  Its very easy to pick any statistic and shape it how someone sees fit.  That wasn't a jab at you @sixcat.   Could fit easily for both really.  Some could go on total murders, per capita murders.    Its just an old figure of speech I like to throw out anytime people counter others statistics.

We're all good.