Virginia High @ John Battle: 62nd City-County Bowl

V-Cats

Prior to last night this one looked like it would be the usual one-sided affair but following Battle's upset of Abingdon and Virginia High's loss to PH we might just have a ball game on our hands

VHS finished the PH game without their starting QB, 2 RB/LBs, and 2 OL/DL & I think this outcome will largely rest on how many of those guys can come back

4 hours ago, V-Cats said:

Prior to last night this one looked like it would be the usual one-sided affair but following Battle's upset of Abingdon and Virginia High's loss to PH we might just have a ball game on our hands

VHS finished the PH game without their starting QB, 2 RB/LBs, and 2 OL/DL & I think this outcome will largely rest on how many of those guys can come back

Hopefully VHS can get healthy. I wonder if Abingdon may be a bit overrated? Not taking anything away from Battle. It just seems like Abingdon may be going through a down time in talent. I was at the VHS game last night. Virginia High has to get better on the line of scrimmage on offense. They also need to find enough of a passing game to open things up for the run game. I don't think VHS is a bad team, but last night they beat themselves. I expect them to improve. 

VHS 28

Battle 21

Watched a little bit of the Abingdon/Battle game.

Two things stood out for Battle...the number of fans that came to watch them, they usually don't have that many at a home game, and the other... they're playing with a little swagger. Just carrying themselves a little bit different than past years. Usually, they look defeated before the game even starts.

Not sure what that means for this game, but I think it will be worth the price of admission.

1 hour ago, Union_Fan said:

Watched a little bit of the Abingdon/Battle game.

Two things stood out for Battle...the number of fans that came to watch them, they usually don't have that many at a home game, and the other... they're playing with a little swagger. Just carrying themselves a little bit different than past years. Usually, they look defeated before the game even starts.

Not sure what that means for this game, but I think it will be worth the price of admission.

This is actually true, in years past and they still tend to do it sometimes Tazewell will go into a game vs a good opponent and instantly hold their heads down. I was young once, if you go into something looking for failure, failure will happen. Gotta have confidence. 

Man, what an incredible game

Kudos to the Trojans for giving us all we could handle but ultimately it came down to the turnovers -- Battle had 3 in the 4th quarter, including the game-sealing INT at the goal line