Longest Playoff Streaks in Class 1 and Class 2

Hokie Bound

9 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Who lost the state final to Manassas Park in a nail biter. 

Giles did not appreciate a late PV score and exacted some revenge what, a year or two later?

I appreciated it.  It meant they beat Giles by a wider margin than they did Rye Cove in the playoffs after people were complaining about RC making the playoffs when they shouldnt have been D2.  RC and Burton would have been a great Region D final game that year.

13 hours ago, 1inStripes said:

I appreciated it.  It meant they beat Giles by a wider margin than they did Rye Cove in the playoffs after people were complaining about RC making the playoffs when they shouldnt have been D2.  RC and Burton would have been a great Region D final game that year.

Yeah I think RC would have had a shot at Burton. I never minded that they made the playoffs in D2, it wasn’t their fault they were misaligned. 

Had RC been where they belong, it’s possible they would have a Region D title. PV actually beat Burton by more, 55-20, than they beat RC 33-6, and PV played in Norton. 

On 9/3/2023 at 10:45 AM, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

A quick look at Coalfield Sports shows Galax last miss was 2009. Galax had some rough years from. 2003-4 through 2009. G. Wythe last miss was 2006, but it's weird. It looks like they were 6-4 in 2006, but somehow didn't make the playoffs. Interestingly, G. Wythe was 9-1 in 2004, but didn't make the playoffs? I wonder what happened there.

Lebanon happened out of the hogo that year only them and RR made the playoffs. That GW team was only scored on 3 times all season and outscored opponents 381-47. GW and Lebanon were both Division 2 back then and they out pointed us for the playoffs.

GW-62 FC-0 

GW-33 Radford-0 

GW-56 Grayson-0 

GW-20 RR-6 

GW-46 Holston-0 

GW-52 NW-14 

GW-39 Chilhowie-0 

GW-21 PH-0 

GW-19 Lebanon-27 

GW-33 John Battle-0

5 hours ago, sixcat said:

The playoff streak for Galax may come to a screeching halt soon. The JV results thus far in 2023.....

Glenvar 43 - Galax 0
Giles 42 - Galax 6
Carroll 35 - Galax 0

My nephew plays for Giles JV and I was shocked when I watched that game. 42-6 was the score at halftime. Only the 8th and 9th graders played the second half for Giles 

46 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

My nephew plays for Giles JV and I was shocked when I watched that game. 42-6 was the score at halftime. Only the 8th and 9th graders played the second half for Giles 

Was the final score different from the halftime score? Admittedly, I stopped paying any attention to the football field and just watched my daughter cheer when the score was 30-0 in the 1st quarter. 

To be fair, Galax has two 10th graders and seven 9th graders on JV. The rest of the team are 8th graders. And those 8th graders make up most of the starting line-up. Which is part of the issue at Galax. Every 9th and 10th grader practices with varsity exclusively, therefore, the only time they see the field with the 8th graders is during the JV games.

9 minutes ago, sixcat said:

Was the final score different from the halftime score? Admittedly, I stopped paying any attention to the football field and just watched my daughter cheer when the score was 30-0 in the 1st quarter. 

To be fair, Galax has two 10th graders and seven 9th graders on JV. The rest of the team are 8th graders. And those 8th graders make up most of the starting line-up. Which is part of the issue at Galax. Every 9th and 10th grader practices with varsity exclusively, therefore, the only time they see the field with the 8th graders is during the JV games.

No 42-6 was also the final score as well. No one scored in the second half.