Ridgeview at Virginia High

swva_havok_fan

Surprised a topic hasn't been created for this one yet.  This will probably be Ridgeview's stiffest challenge so far, but are the Bearcats within two scores of the high powered Wolfpack offense?

Also, this game is on Friday Night Rivals this week now replacing the canceled Daniel Boone and Elizabethton game.

RV seems to have grown more each week. The slow start against central was a positive thing for them I believe because they had to work through some issues. O’Quinn is elusive this year and he doesn’t tuck and run like like the past. He escapes and evades to find receivers making themselves open, and that’s what seems to be working the most. The receivers are pushing to get open. The running game is also proving lucrative with three running backs. But man, Branson Honaker running the ball is like a bull, and Deel is the real deal. Of course when O’Quinn runs he always covers some serious ground. It is still game by game for RV with expectations being just that. Bearcats will be different than the others for sure. I haven’t watched them any but just knowing they always have athletes worries RV fans including myself. RV by three scores in a hard fought game For both teams.

RV misses Hackney.  Deel and Honaker are splitting RB duties but they were better when they had all of them on the field.  The passing game is relying on more bubble screens and don’t have the long ball threat from previous years.  Several drops tonight including a TD and the VHS DBs were winning alot of battle against the WRs.  I thought VHS did a good job on the Baker kid as they had several athletic DBs that were battling.  
The defense is good and I’m impressed with the speed and pursuit.  They’ve got a good MLB that pursues well and likes to hit but plays a bit too high allowing some blockers to get under his pads.  The DE, #8 Scanlon, is a load and should be All M7 this year and has a chance to be special…has to get more explosive… hit the weights hard. 
They will have their work cut out for them when they go to BSG.

14 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

I’m surprised this game was so close after losing to Radford by 40 

Turnovers and penalties made the game closer than it should have been. Wolfpack on offense had around 350 yards of total offense and 3 turnovers Va high had around 80. Lots of penalties by both teams the 4th quarter had lot of personal fouls by both teams. Va high I think will win some games this year they got some good players