The undefeated single A schools in WV seem to be salty about JM getting the 1 seed with a loss.

SW_VA_boy

Greenbrier West folk in particular.  Folk learning the hard way that power point average is the metric, not total points.  Something we know about all too well dealing with cancelled games in season and whether to replace, take the forfeit, or just deleting it from the schedule. 

7 minutes ago, SW_VA_boy said:

Greenbrier West folk in particular.  Folk learning the hard way that power point average is the metric, not total points.  Something we know about all too well dealing with cancelled games in season and whether to replace, take the forfeit, or just deleting it from the schedule. 

I do see their frustration. Undefeated and dominated JM when the 2 played. JM tried finding a 10th game but no one was available so you can’t blame them. Just how the system works. 

It’s because the new strength of schedule points they added to the system this year. JM played a tougher schedule. Finishing with 3 AA teams and beating all 3 really helped. Plus we got tons of bonus points from Narrow’s and Summers County. West beat us 25-8 didn’t realize that was the meaning of domination. JM actually was up 8-0 in that game and penalties and a couple blown coverages killed us. West has a great team but they have a weak schedule. One of their assistants told me they have trouble finding opponents and they are losing more teams next year. In fact he said they signed a 2 year deal with a team out of Ohio starting next year which is just ridiculous they’re having to do that! He said he was never in favor of the state stepping in and making regional teams play each other but he thinks it might be a good idea now.

1 hour ago, Wvumav said:

It’s because the new strength of schedule points they added to the system this year. JM played a tougher schedule. Finishing with 3 AA teams and beating all 3 really helped. Plus we got tons of bonus points from Narrow’s and Summers County. West beat us 25-8 didn’t realize that was the meaning of domination. JM actually was up 8-0 in that game and penalties and a couple blown coverages killed us. West has a great team but they have a weak schedule. One of their assistants told me they have trouble finding opponents and they are losing more teams next year. In fact he said they signed a 2 year deal with a team out of Ohio starting next year which is just ridiculous they’re having to do that! He said he was never in favor of the state stepping in and making regional teams play each other but he thinks it might be a good idea now.

I’ll correct myself. Their defense dominated. 

40 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Big advantage because as we know it's near impossible to win at James Monroe...even if you are a better team

Please stop with that outdated stupidity! The refs come from different parts of the state.

What I want to know is, do they still fire pistols in the endzone when Peterstown scores a touchdown and does the local Barney Fife still stop visiting fans who get a victory over there 1 mile from the stadium with zero probable cause?  Does that still go on, or did Petey town finally evolve a little bit?

Last time I crossed the border heading that way was 1999. I haven't been since then and won't go again. I played in a basketball tournament with Kelly Mann and company (who I still like and am close to) and we get in the parking lot, and 5 hillbillies/rednecks pull knives on us because they wanted more money for beer and meth. Their "hangout" was the parking lot and this was a Saturday afternoon. That did it for me. I learned my lesson.  Thank God Kelly knew one of the idiots and was able to talk them down.

3 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

What I want to know is, do they still fire pistols in the endzone when Peterstown scores a touchdown and does the local Barney Fife still stop visiting fans who get a victory over there 1 mile from the stadium with zero probable cause?  Does that still go on, or did Petey town finally evolve a little bit?

I think you need to put that last beer down! I played for Peterstown and I have no idea what you’re talking about!

2 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Last time I crossed the border heading that way was 1999. I haven't been since then and won't go again. I played in a basketball tournament with Kelly Mann and company (who I still like and am close to) and we get in the parking lot, and 5 hillbillies/rednecks pull knives on us because they wanted more money for beer and meth. Their "hangout" was the parking lot and this was a Saturday afternoon. That did it for me. I learned my lesson.  Thank God Kelly knew one of the idiots and was able to talk them down.

You run into idiots everywhere! We don’t have the market on redneck druggies!

Wvumav, I agree with you on strength of schedule. James Monroe did play a tougher schedule and that should matter and I'm glad WV added the importance of this into their ranking system. 

As for JM and Greenbrier West, I see that Calpreps now has it in favor of G.West by only 6 points, so that means the computers at least think that if the 2 played again, it would be tight as most people expect.

The team that will again be a problem for the Southern WV teams (J.Monroe/G West) is Williamstown. Undefeated again and they throw the ball and get athletes in space/forcing those 1 on 1 situations and I think it will be difficult for JM or GW. For JM, they will have to keep the ball/control clock to beat them, heavy ground game with the stud running back.

7 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Wvumav, I agree with you on strength of schedule. James Monroe did play a tougher schedule and that should matter and I'm glad WV added the importance of this into their ranking system. 

As for JM and Greenbrier West, I see that Calpreps now has it in favor of G.West by only 6 points, so that means the computers at least think that if the 2 played again, it would be tight as most people expect.

The team that will again be a problem for the Southern WV teams (J.Monroe/G West) is Williamstown. Undefeated again and they throw the ball and get athletes in space/forcing those 1 on 1 situations and I think it will be difficult for JM or GW. For JM, they will have to keep the ball/control clock to beat them, heavy ground game with the stud running back.

You are right if JM and West play again JM will have to play just about a perfect game to beat them. West is really good. Honestly though I think we all are playing for 2nd place. I just don’t see anyone beating Williamstown. They have just about everyone back from last year’s championship team. They will be a tall task for anyone they face.