Article on Southern WV Playoff Teams

Wvumav

1 hour ago, BBHoops_18 said:

3. I honestly think three is enough. They do four for basketball. WV is a small state. Not a ton of schools. 

What I’ve been told going to 4 classes is not about how many schools but the huge difference in enrollment across the state. Plus it’s going to mean more money for the WVSSAC which I’m sure is on their minds.

Just now, Wvumav said:

What I’ve been told going to 4 classes is not about how many schools but the huge difference in enrollment across the state. Plus it’s going to mean more money for the WVSSAC which I’m sure is on their minds.

Isn't Princeton around 800ish, one of the smaller AAA schools in WV, and the team they lost to in Hurricane is around 1400ish and some schools like Huntington and Parkersburg around 1600 or 1700ish. That's a gigantic difference more pronounced in WV at the AAA level. My numbers could be off, but I remember reading something in the Charleston Gazette about these size differences with AAA teams.

23 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Isn't Princeton around 800ish, one of the smaller AAA schools in WV, and the team they lost to in Hurricane is around 1400ish and some schools like Huntington and Parkersburg around 1600 or 1700ish. That's a gigantic difference more pronounced in WV at the AAA level. My numbers could be off, but I remember reading something in the Charleston Gazette about these size differences with AAA teams.

Here’s the cutoffs from the 4 year cycle we’re currently in. These are 2020 enrollment numbers. 

AAA Morgantown 1851  Bridgeport 822

Princeton had 914 then

AA Fairmont SR 799  Poca 486

A Ravenswood 450  Hundred 101

There are a few more schools below hundred but they don’t play football other than Trinity with 72 students. They fielded a team the last few years but had to cancel the season this year. They hope to start back maybe next year. It’s actually amazing how much success Bridgeport has with being the smallest AAA. 

9 minutes ago, Wvumav said:

Here’s the cutoffs from the 4 year cycle we’re currently in. These are 2020 enrollment numbers. 

AAA Morgantown 1851  Bridgeport 822

Princeton had 914 then

AA Fairmont SR 799  Poca 486

A Ravenswood 450  Hundred 101

There are a few more schools below hundred but they don’t play football other than Trinity with 72 students. They fielded a team the last few years but had to cancel the season this year. They hope to start back maybe next year. It’s actually amazing how much success Bridgeport has with being the smallest AAA. 

Hundred has 101? Dam$. They aren't messing around with that name. By God, they mean it. 

1 hour ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Hundred has 101? Dam$. They aren't messing around with that name. By God, they mean it. 

Yeah they really should have fudged that number and made it an even 100. lol