Region 1C Final: Galax vs Wytheville

BandanaVTDavis4321

Galax a little down by their standards, but low and behold, they are right in the C finals.

GW has really dialed up their game. Just a trendy incline over the past 6 or so weeks and this team might be the most improved since weeks 1 and 2 than any other team in Class 1 in the west. 

Can the Maroon Tide pull it off, or does Wytheville repeat as Region C Champs?

I know some Galax people posted earlier that GW would win in a rematch but the Tide has definitely improved as the season went on. GW has sorta surprised me in a way. At the start of the season I had them finishing 5-5 at best but they’ve found their mojo and have a full head of steam. I’m taking the Maroons 24-14.

I give up trying to predict Region 1C this season. As soon as it looks like things are beginning to make sense, someone lays an egg. 

George Wythe gave Galax 20 points in the opening moments of the regular season meeting. After that, it was a pretty even matchup. I don’t see GW making those same mistakes and digging such a deep hole again. But will that be enough to get past Galax?

I’m still not convinced anyone in 1C is very good but someone has to win it. 

12 minutes ago, BBHoops_18 said:

Not sure if I'm convinced anyone in 1D is any better

Calpreps Today..

Honaker 31, Galax 28, 58% chance for Honaker win

Honaker 34, GW 31, 58% chance for Honaker win

Honaker 35, Rye Cove 21, 81% chance for Honaker win

Galax 24, GW 21, 58% chance for Galax win 

The Galax and GW winner is certainly in the conversation.  

Heckuva ball game. Congrats to Galax....Go put some Maroon in the State Championship boys!

We left too many opportunities out there today. Some were done in by our own doing...Some Galax slammed the window on us. 

Really going to miss seeing Tandom Smith suit up for us....Kid has been an absolute joy to watch these last four years. 

On to basketball....as unfortunate as it is that football season for us has come to an end, I've never been more excited about GW hoops. 

3 hours ago, gwloyal said:

Heckuva ball game. Congrats to Galax....Go put some Maroon in the State Championship boys!

We left too many opportunities out there today. Some were done in by our own doing...Some Galax slammed the window on us. 

Really going to miss seeing Tandom Smith suit up for us....Kid has been an absolute joy to watch these last four years. 

On to basketball....as unfortunate as it is that football season for us has come to an end, I've never been more excited about GW hoops. 

You all return about everyone from last year don’t you?

1 minute ago, 1inStripes said:

You all return about everyone from last year don’t you?

Yessir...Everyone from the first and second units, I believe. Will be very junior heavy as well. Thoroughly enjoyed watching them last year.