13. Grundy - Class 1 - Black Diamond

14. John Battle - Class 2 - Mountain 7

15. Eastside - Class 1 - Cumberland

16. Richlands - Class 2 - Southwest

17. Twin Springs - Class 1 - Cumberland

18. Northwood - Class 1 - Hogoheegee

19. Thomas Walker - Class 1 - Cumberland 

20. Lee - Class 2 - Mountain 7

Union vs Central tonight.  I give Union the edge.  It's hard to beat a good team 3 times and Union is a really good team.  Central is also out a starter the rest of the year. Should be a tight, and intense game. (It's a super night, but I am talking about the boys teams)

18 minutes ago, Elder statesman said:

Marion with big upset against graham last night.  I bet nobody had that on their bracket.

How the heck did that happen? Graham beat them by 30 or 40 the first time? Doubt they’ll be a tie for SWD Champ now. Did Graham have Ray or Disibbo out? Those two were knocking down 3s the other night like crazy against Lebanon.

Congratulations  to Marion to on the upset though! 

I think it’s clear that Va High and GC are the class of 2D

Below that you have Union, Graham and Central…Lebanon at full strength probably here but they have been sandblasted the last couple games against upper level teams.

28 minutes ago, Tigerman10 said:

I think it’s clear that Va High and GC are the class of 2D

Below that you have Union, Graham and Central…Lebanon at full strength probably here but they have been sandblasted the last couple games against upper level teams.

If VA High has the big man out for the entire season, it will make it tough.  That loss brings them down a notch and I think they fall into the same category as the other 5 teams in 2D.  Gate City looks to be the favorites at this point, or at least the team that has separated itself from the pack.  Va High having a game against Tazewell within 4 points shows the difference of Carpenter not being healthy. 

I think it's Gate City, then everyone else, but Gate City's margin or gap between the other 5 teams isn't huge either. 

Just my opinions  

50 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

How the heck did that happen? Graham beat them by 30 or 40 the first time? Doubt they’ll be a tie for SWD Champ now. Did Graham have Ray or Disibbo out? Those two were knocking down 3s the other night like crazy against Lebanon.

Congratulations  to Marion to on the upset though! 

According to Tim Hayes, the first time they played Marion’s best player was out with an ankle injury. Ray finished with 25 and 4 threes while dissibio only had 8 and zero threes 

That makes sense if Marion didn’t have their best player the first game. I was told Disibbo spent most of the night on the bench & didn’t play much which is crazy. He’s their 2nd best shooter. Kid is only a freshman. 

40 minutes ago, Comegetsum said:

Amen!!  They went to a 2-3 zone from what looked on nfhs about 5 minutes to go and Disibbio was subbed out after 6 straight pts!! Took the lead and he never went back in game. 
Team playing zone is what shooters love 

Crazy! Disibbo has such a smooth release and makes a lot more than he misses. I’m no coach but he’d be my go to in clutch situations.