Narrows 92 Bath Co. 66

SW_VA_boy

Yep, I didn't get to gox due to work.  Heard it was 51-23 at the half.  I've said before, for Narrows to keep up with the likes of GW, Auburn, etc., all 3 scorers have to be hitting.  I'm guessing all 3 must've been off. 

15 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

I think the final was GW 83-48

Good Lord. GW is tough, and so is their counterpart Auburn. Narrows ain't bad by any means. Narrows has a pretty good club over there this year, but GW and Auburn in 1C are simply on another level and I think even Narrows fans would agree with that. 

GW and Auburn in 1C are better than any other team in 2C, 1D or 2D in my opinion. The 6 teams that are all neck and neck in 2D would all lose to GW and Auburn 8 out of 10 times or 4 out of 5.

2 minutes ago, SW_VA_boy said:

Yep, I didn't get to gox due to work.  Heard it was 51-23 at the half.  I've said before, for Narrows to keep up with the likes of GW, Auburn, etc., all 3 scorers have to be hitting.  I'm guessing all 3 must've been off. 

Or your schedule hurt you once again when facing a good team....not throwing shade but your schedule is bad...don't help at the end of the season

5 minutes ago, SW_VA_boy said:

I watched some highlights. GWs defense is probably the best I’ve seen in awhile. Narrows didn’t shoot bad, they just didn’t get to shoot enough. If GW can find a way past Auburn I think this might be there year.

22 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

I watched some highlights. GWs defense is probably the best I’ve seen in awhile. Narrows didn’t shoot bad, they just didn’t get to shoot enough. If GW can find a way past Auburn I think this might be there year.

GW and Auburn is going to be exactly like last year. Going to play at least 4 times (I think they played 5 last year, but not sure) and all 4 games with either team having a chance to win like the first 2 already this year. They are neck and neck with each other. It's the final game they play that will decide who gets Lancaster or Brunswick for the state title and that final game they play will be in the state semifinals in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Or your schedule hurt you once again when facing a good team....not throwing shade but your schedule is bad...don't help at the end of the season

Credit to Patrick for trying his best to make up for that in the non-district.  But 4 weeks of cupcakes minus PM does curtail the effects of that.  It's not deniable.  

1 minute ago, SW_VA_boy said:

Credit to Patrick for trying his best to make up for that in the non-district.  But 4 weeks of cupcakes minus PM does curtail the effects of that.  It's not deniable.  

I agree but it wouldn't have mattered. Narrows could have played the toughest schedule in Class 1 Virginia up until this point and the results of tonight would still not have been much closer in my opinion.  That's not a discredit to Narrows either. It's a credit to just how tough GW is. 

56 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

GW and Auburn is going to be exactly like last year. Going to play at least 4 times (I think they played 5 last year, but not sure) and all 4 games with either team having a chance to win like the first 2 already this year. They are neck and neck with each other. It's the final game they play that will decide who gets Lancaster or Brunswick for the state title and that final game they play will be in the state semifinals in my opinion.

GW and Auburn played 6 times last year with GW winning 4 of those games. Every game was close. I see that being similar this season. 

GW is as talented as any Class 1 team I’ve ever seen. Auburn is the best coached team in the western part of the state regardless of classification now that Rick Cormany is retired. Some kind of matchup. 

Narrows was unfortunate to catch GW the day after losing a heartbreaker to Auburn 55-50. 

Agreed with all points in this conversation.  At the end of the day, 1C is GW and Auburn on one step, Narrows and PM on the next one.  The margin for error for a team like Narrows against that top step is virtually nil and they've got to bring their best. Anything less and it can get away from them quickly.   We've seen it twice this year.  Onward to a home game with PM on Friday. Looking forward to see how they respond.  Especially given the opponent and where it's being played.