Narrows 79 East Mont 60

SW_VA_boy

On 2/14/2024 at 8:36 PM, SW_VA_boy said:

Narrows @ Parry McCluer on Friday for both the boys and girls tournament championships.

Do you know what the seeds are for the Pioneer heading in to the regional?

More evidence the state set-up with 6 classifications is watered down as hell. Region 1C is hot garbage outside of Auburn and GW.  Parry McCluer and Narrows are decent and deserving of a playoff berth but Bath, Galax, Grayson and Eastern Montgomery are awful basketball teams and wholly undeserving of postseason play. 

2 hours ago, sixcat said:

More evidence the state set-up with 6 classifications is watered down as hell. Region 1C is hot garbage outside of Auburn and GW.  Parry McCluer and Narrows are decent and deserving of a playoff berth but Bath, Galax, Grayson and Eastern Montgomery are awful basketball teams and wholly undeserving of postseason play. 

I’m interested to see how Grayson does against Narrows. They’ve looked very good against GW on Wednesday and against Galax on Friday. I guess it’s possible Narrows blows them out, but I wouldn’t be suprised to see Grayson pull off the upset.

15 hours ago, sixcat said:

Same thing I've said about football having too many teams making playoffs...it's a joke.

But the "give everyone a trophy" crowd goes crazy everytime it's said....so you have 2-8 or worse teams making playoffs

1 hour ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Same thing I've said about football having too many teams making playoffs...it's a joke.

But the "give everyone a trophy" crowd goes crazy everytime it's said....so you have 2-8 or worse teams making playoffs

It’s a 50/50 split between the “give everybody a trophy” crowd and the VH$L wanted to profit from everyone making the playoffs. 

14 minutes ago, sixcat said:

It’s a 50/50 split between the “give everybody a trophy” crowd and the VH$L wanted to profit from everyone making the playoffs. 

I know the VHSL side of it....but people here defend it saying what's the big deal....the big deal is a 2-8 or so team hasn't earned a playoff berth