HARD HITS

marshallman

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

The game (and thus the hit... make that THE HIT) was televised on tape delay by a Roanoke station. My aunt in Salem was planning to Tivo it for me. I'll let you know when I get it. Also, maybe someone with connections could arrange for Time Warner to air it on a community access channel?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that a HINT HINT? LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

Flea, I would like a copy of that if you would please,

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shane had an awesome game, the hit of the decade, an interception ran in for a TD, and his name was called all day. Sounded like the MVP of the game to me.

Great job Shane and all the team on a great effort.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

The game (and thus the hit... make that THE HIT) was televised on tape delay by a Roanoke station. My aunt in Salem was planning to Tivo it for me. I'll let you know when I get it. Also, maybe someone with connections could arrange for Time Warner to air it on a community access channel?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that a HINT HINT? LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

A hint, a question, a request. It's not every day that Richlands goes into Roanoke and wins 44-14 on television. I'm sure the few people who stayed in Richlands would love to see it and I know I would. I wouldn't trade being on the sidelines for anything but it's hard to really watch the game through a viewfinder.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have E-mailed wvns and asked if they have a clip of that shot that they could send or to post a link for it here.

I watched WVNS last night and their shot of the hit wasn't real good. PJ Ziegler had the best one but even it isn't perfect. I guess it's just hard to get a shot like that unless you expect it.

Wicks or Wicked, you make the call. I know HV is calling him Mr. Wicked. In the bottom of the 3'rd round #5 took a shot from a freight train, he tried to get up before the 10 count, only to make it to his knees. #5 found the bogyman for his future nightmares. Nice, but scary hit. D-fence carry that hard hitting to the State finals and lets Win this thing. Good luck to all, game well played.

If Wicks had put helment to chest, it would have been bad. As it was, we got to see a good clean hit that will surely be talked about for years to come. As soon as they got his helment fixed, the kid was right back in the game.....gotta give him credit for that.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Justin Burton hit on a Lebanon player on a kickoff, he hit the ball carrier so hard that the ball went one way the Lebanon player helmet went the other way. And when the kid tried to walk off the field he started off on the 50td line and by time he got to the sideline he was at the 20yd line. Guess you just had to be there!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

There were several hard hits by Tazewell in that game. The hit that Riddle put on the Musick kid from Lebanon, gave him a concussion. But that HIT by Justin Burton was one of the hardest hits I've seen in a few yrs. If you remember the kid from lebanon started walking towards the Tazewell sideline first and the coaches had to pull him back towards the lebanon bench...lol....now thats a bigtime hit!

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree, biggest one ive seen too

[ QUOTE ]

http://www.richlands-news-press.com/serv...82&path=!sports

there is the pic of "The Hit"

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad someone got a pic of " THE HIT "....But, I don't think the pic does it much justice. I thought Wicks killed the kid........

But, like everyone else, you gotta give him props for getting right back in the game.

You also have to give Bill Patton props. I think he was the only one that got the shot out of all the photographers there. He and I are always talking about the ones that get away so I'm glad he got this one. I'm not sure this is the one I saw on his LCD though. I seem to remember that one being at the instant if the hit. I remember seeing the kid's head in the sun, and his body looked like a rag doll. I could be wrong though. I'll ask him Saturday.

Shane had to be MVP of the game 10 solo tackles I counted through three quarters, interception, 4 tackles on punts and kick offs. Good job Shane. lets forget that one. Concentrate on the next one. You have to give that Blues Defense another JOB WELL DONE !!!!!

biggest hit's ive ever seen is a tie, both by Danny Sparks from tazewell a few years ago the first one against the back from richlands. i think he went to vmi or somewhere. danny hit him so hard in the back field it busted his helmet. the other was against bluefield when isabel took a hand off sweep left got corner turn to cut back right and met danny head on... we thought danny had about killed him.

Since were talkin about the past, i remember when been mitchell hit the punt returner from Graham and broke his leg. and last year when Jarrod Burton hit the kid from lebanon, the kid was comin across the field for a crack back and he ran into a brick wall. Burton wasnt fased a bit and the kid just laid there. our team doc asked him what hurt and he said everything, i guess lebanon just has bad lives when it comes to hitting burtons