Grundy vs Graham

waveinator

I have to say that the rematch will be much closer than the season game and since we are only 24 hours away, It is time for some predictions. Looks like it will be a clear cold night in bluefield, probabally windy. The wave is a much improved team since the last meeting and a few wrinkles on O last week, fake punt and HB Pass, expect the reverse to eat your speed up.The line has improved greatly. Graham has improved as well. The blocking is getting better and Ahmad is still carrying them. Last year The cold got to the G-men. Now, maybe With the temp in the 30's, a muddy field, Carlock on his way out, a few well times flags, and the heart of the Wave, Grundy can pull it out. They Proved last week all they have to do is hang in and they will win in the end. FC is better than Graham, they had 2 Bradshaws. You will in the end once again see Grundy Carrying the Region IV trophy back home.

I'm guessing that's a Graham fan trying to "Spoof a Woof"...roflmao.

Edit: Oh yeah, one other thing...why does everyone have to always say something about the snow - Graham people should stop making excuses for why you lost last year, it was not because of the snow, it's because Grundy showed up and played a great game. It was snowing on Grundy's side of the field all night as well. I get sick of hearing it myself.

Also, all this talk of the 3 years in a row thing, get over that as well, these two teams are not anywhere the same as last years teams or the years before that. Grundy had a much better team last year with Dillon kicking the ball, Justin Hipps running the ball, Greg Clevinger being an excellent receiver and running the ball, and Albert in the middle...they really miss that this year - 4 main players on offense and the big guy in the middle of the defense are now gone...and it makes a huge difference in this particular game I think, esp. if you are trying to compare to years past...Grundy has a very young team that has done better than anyone would have expected this year and if they can pull off a win against Graham it will be far greater than last years "Miracle at Mitchell Stadium".

Just get over the snow thing from last year - PLEASE! If you do beat Grundy this year, how would you like to hear "they just won this year because it wasn't snowing" all year long...lmao.

I just hope for a good clean game with no bad calls or excuses and may the best team win. cool.gif

I got in the same argument with people on here saying that same thing Lance. A win is a win. Snow, rain, sleet,hail or tropical heat both teams have to play in it.

One thing that still puzzles me though is the question "Did FC beat Martinsville"? ON here it says so and everyone keeps saying that. I asked a FC player after the game and he said FC beat Martinsville 7-6 and that is after they fumbled nine times or something.

All of that is out the window though. Tonight is gonna be great. And just like Lance said. This Grundy team is ,I am gonna say with 99% confidence, the youngest Grundy team ever! Two seniors are starting. The offensive line is anchored by one senior,two juniors a sophomore and a freshman(I think thats right). So no matter what they have done a fantastic job and we are all proud of them. Even though they are young I have all the confidence in the world in them. Tonight I will have my signs, my cow bells,my loud mouth and all the fans I can rustle up, helping me to cheer for ya.

May the best team win. There are no excuses. The strongest team will prevail.

[ QUOTE ]

Grundy person started this topic. I remember excuses from the Grundy when they lost this year, the coaching was awful or the refs screwed us (Carroll County). You have no room to talk.

[/ QUOTE ]

you didn't hear me say anything negative about any losses Grundy had...so yeah I have a lot of room to talk...lol.

I said I just hope for a good clean game.

[ QUOTE ]

Anything can happen, but there will be no snow this time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't trying to single you out, you know as well as anyone that it's been said since the 4th quarter of that game ended.

it would not bother me if we beat grundy and all i hear is only because it was not snowing because a win is a win no matter what the weather is, both have to play in the same weather. but as anyone will attest to speed is hurt by wet or muddy field and the passing game is helped because the receivers know where they are going and the defence does not. but still both have to play in the same conditions.

if you dont think that bradshaw doesnt like to hit wavenator look at the video from the martinsville game and ask the defender that he run over on the td if he doesnt like to hit. after viewing that video then come back and say he doesnt like to hit, he run over two defenders and scored.

you can edit your post by going using the edit button to the left near the reply button and quote button....as far as I know anyone can edit their own posts, but I'll check to make sure that it is turned on after I finish this post.

none of your earlier posts were deleted, I was upgrading the forums earlier this morning and doing a backup of the data, so if you posted during that time you probably got an SQL error or something, that would be the only reason your posts aren't showing...you are not banned and I don't have any intention of banning anyone...I simply help keep up the forum on the back end of things, G-Man runs the show as far as I'm concerned, it's his baby and I'm not going to ban anyone or mess with anyone just because I have Admin privs to do honest work with...so don't try to make it look like I'm picking on you or anything, because I'm not.

the only thing that i hope is that this board does not get as nasty as the other one did. so far it has been civil and i do not seen any reason for anyone to get mean or anything with anyone that posts on here it is each and everyones own opinion that is posted even if i may not agree with them or you may not agree with what i may say but still need to be civl with each other this is a great message board and i hope it stays that way. and lance you are doing a great job of keeping it up and running, thanks to you and the gman for this forum.

Very well then. Since I'm not the fastest typist ever, I won't re-type those lost posts. Too bad however, there were some nice comments in there about you, lol, but now you won't get to see them.

I will be quiet now and let the game be played on the field.

I know one thing. Every Gretna fan in the world is begging for Grundy to upset, yes, upset Graham. Last year Grundy paved the way for Liberty-Bedford. It was a Greek tragedy for this region to send such a rabble to Bedford for that embarassing display by this region's representative. All Gretna fans everywhere will have out the Vodoo dollies for this one, praying for the "Golden Shower" to come down next Saturday and lay a pisser in the state semi again. Have a nice day.

That's about like saying that this years Graham team is the basically the same one Grundy beat last year at Mitchell Stadium, or that this years CC team is pretty much the same as last years team.

No comparison between any of the two.

Quite simply stated, it is. Bradshaw, Taylor, Belcher, Remines, Martin, not to list them all to save time, but that is the point. This is the basically the same team that failed to win the region last year.