Just a note on the Bluefield/Graham game...

Bluefield_Rules

The Beavers and G-Men are finally playing a regular series home and home again. They are scheduled to open the season against one another on December 16th, but that game may be pushed back to later in the season. Graham has 10 of its 12 varsity players on the football team and if Graham wins next weekend they'll be playing for the Va. state title on Dec. 13th. Regardless, I think the game should be pushed back to make for a better match up later in the season when the teams are in basketball shape and mind set...

The VHSL requires so much practice time for each sport before they are allowed to participate in a regular season game. I wouldn't expect Graham to play a game before Christmas break.

Yes they always play at the Middle school,The middle school gym is alot better than the high school gym,more seating,nice consesions,real nice court,the middle school is not real old and the gym is real nice..The little league uses the high school gym..

The yearly series was cancelled after a huge fight in the late 1980s between the schools. From what I understand a Graham player fouled Bluefield's best player very hard on a breakaway play and everything broke down from there. While the teams haven't played a regular season series since that time, the two have met twice in the Princeton Holiday Tournament in recent years...