RR staying at WVU...

GMan

[ QUOTE ]

Because he used Alabama. Ask Frank Beamer how many job offers he's had since the UNC fiasco.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes he did use Bama BigD and was real slick in doing it. He knew and proved that WVU wasn't doing all they could, not just for him but for the program in general. Maybe RR can go with me, to negotiate, the next time I buy a car.lol

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys have no clue. The deal was drawn up and to be signed. I hope you all know that he and his wife are from WV. SHE talked him into staying for family purposes. She stated that there would be no way they could return home if he followed suit. Alabama will get a good coach and still play real football in a real confrence. Why would he leave? Same amount of money when given incentives and who cant when 8 games in the Big Least. Job security was a major factor also. Remember you can take the man out of West Virginia, but you cant take the imbreeding out of the man. LOL In the end it will work out fine for both schools.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

You guys have no clue. The deal was drawn up and to be signed. I hope you all know that he and his wife are from WV. SHE talked him into staying for family purposes. She stated that there would be no way they could return home if he followed suit. Alabama will get a good coach and still play real football in a real confrence. Why would he leave? Same amount of money when given incentives and who cant when 8 games in the Big Least. Job security was a major factor also. Remember you can take the man out of West Virginia, but you cant take the imbreeding out of the man. LOL In the end it will work out fine for both schools.

[/ QUOTE ]

I sense some jealousy. You were the one that wanted him sooo bad now you are making fun of him. By the way has Alabama found a coach yet?? Yea thats what I thought.

"WVU didn't offer as much as Alabama. The word is WVU offered 1.75 mil whereas Alabama was offering 2 mil. Marshla sucks"

Thw word is? Not to mention pay raisies for the other coaches, facility $s, easy conference, all the incentives you mentioned combined.

Real mature comment at the end. You really made a statement there. Hopefully it did it for you at least....

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

"WVU didn't offer as much as Alabama. The word is WVU offered 1.75 mil whereas Alabama was offering 2 mil. Marshla sucks"

Thw word is? Not to mention pay raisies for the other coaches, facility $s, easy conference, all the incentives you mentioned combined.

Real mature comment at the end. You really made a statement there. Hopefully it did it for you at least....

[/ QUOTE ]

It did very much. Alabamas contract was 2 mil plus incentives. When all was said and done he stayed at WV and he is a Mountaineer and he will be forever.

good for yall if you're statisfied. I wouldn't be myself though. It's likely better short term with the present group of players and schedule, but not overall.

Reminds me of nehlens situation, he was around way to long for the program. Wv's coach isn't at that point at this time, but again, for the longterm wv would benefit from hiring a coach that could potentially go further if that's what their intention and it is. Fact is his style has limits, especially if they ever have a hard schedule.

I did want him. Just because I thought he would stick around. We didnt get him due to family ties, namely his wife and sister (LOL). By the way she was a trailerparkin' beeeeeeuuuuuuuut! He will continue to succeed in the Big Least. Not bad for a ginger headed boy from WV. My number one pick would have been Norm Chow but that wouldnt "float" in Alabama. You guys have fun playing for high bowl bids. We have 12 NC and can wait a while for one more. How many do you all have? Oh, thats right. Ill be back when the BCS bowl bid gets stripped from the Big Least. When Rutgers competes for a Championship that gotta tell the powers that be somethin. The money ought to but Mrs. RR a few extra gallons of Aquanet Hair Spray.

[ QUOTE ]

I did want him. Just because I thought he would stick around. We didnt get him due to family ties, namely his wife and sister (LOL). By the way she was a trailerparkin' beeeeeeuuuuuuuut! He will continue to succeed in the Big Least. Not bad for a ginger headed boy from WV. My number one pick would have been Norm Chow but that wouldnt "float" in Alabama. You guys have fun playing for high bowl bids. We have 12 NC and can wait a while for one more. How many do you all have? Oh, thats right. Ill be back when the BCS bowl bid gets stripped from the Big Least. When Rutgers competes for a Championship that gotta tell the powers that be somethin. The money ought to but Mrs. RR a few extra gallons of Aquanet Hair Spray.

[/ QUOTE ]

People from Alabama should stop clinging to the past and accept the truth - you aren't a football powerhouse anymore. Bear Bryant is dead, he's not coming back, and I feel sorry for whoever coaches at Alabama, ever, because they will be in the shadow of everything he did. The expectations down there are unrealistic. It's good that you have no qualms with waiting for another national title because you're going to be waiting a while.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can tell you were listening to all of the Alabama talk radio shows. Was it Finnebaum you were listening to? Because he devoted a few shows on making fun of Rita Rodriguez. As Sources said Alabama is not a power anymore. The hire and fire approach that Alabama has just shows their lack of understanding. I also think its funny how you use the WV stereotypes especially when you are an ALABAMA fan. Aren't the majority of the episodes of COPS filmed in Bama? Just admit it, you didn't get Rich Rod, Alabama is going to continue not to have success as long as they play the "Find the Perfect Coach Game."

So playing perfect football involves winning 0 national championships and playing in the Big Least and losing to the 5th best team in the state of Florida this year. I cant wait to see the Big Least be stripped of their BCS Bowl bid. Seriously, RR wife is a first class trailor queen and if you want to get into statistics WV and Kentucky lead the nation (WV 1 Kentucky 2) in toothless people per capita as found by the American Dental Association. Seriously that is not a joke, look it up.

P.S. How long have you been waiting for that NC? How old is WVU? There is your answer.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

So playing perfect football involves winning 0 national championships and playing in the Big Least and losing to the 5th best team in the state of Florida this year. I cant wait to see the Big Least be stripped of their BCS Bowl bid. Seriously, RR wife is a first class trailor queen and if you want to get into statistics WV and Kentucky lead the nation (WV 1 Kentucky 2) in toothless people per capita as found by the American Dental Association. Seriously that is not a joke, look it up.

P.S. How long have you been waiting for that NC? How old is WVU? There is your answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

How old are you? You act like you are 12 with all of your stereotypical rants. Yeah according to some the Big East has been getting their BCS stripped for four years now. Has it happened yet? You were wrong about Coach Rod coming to Alabama and you are wrong about this. I don't think thats going to happen anytime soon.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's quite a bold statement there considering Alabama would probably be the fourth or fifth best team in the Big East if they were playing in that conference this year.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wait a min... you played for bamma and won 12 nc's? then why are you living in blfd? and how did you go to school and play 12 yrs?... you must be a doc now cause i dont know why you would go to school that long otherwise...well maybe you should be in a record book or something cause to win 12 nc's is awesome.. and btw they are too racist in bamma to hire chow for a coach. and when the so called big least beats the top two acc teams this year put that in your pipe and smoke it with what ever that other stuff you are smoking. calling rich's wife trailor park trash... what class you have, only from a bamma player who had 12 yrs to play and won 12 nc's i guess... oh yeah and Rutgers can compete for a nc cause they are locate withen a few miles of over 30 million people.. maybe more... check your map, just across the river is a little place called NYC.. ever heard of it? doesnt take long to build a program with that many people to choice from.. and it is virtually untapped. just like fla was until a dude name bowden left WVU to go there. so yeah maybe next year ALa can go to the motor city bowl or something

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well lets see. who has 3 teams in the top 16?

and who has an 80% winning percentage agaist out of con teams?...one hint it aint the ACC its the big east. getting stripped? not unless the go to southernx they aint.http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2689777 the big east has 3 out of 8 teams ranked the ACC has 3 out of 12 teams ranked... wow how strong. the ACC's highest ranked team is tech at #14...dang sounds like some dude on here is COMPLTELY lost. yeah id say so.. guess they aint no trailor parks in blfd va. and no bad teath... wake up dude as far as the rest of Va is concerned va ends at roanoke. they look down on you for living in swva like you do people 2 miles from you in wv.

"and who has an 80% winning percentage agaist out of con teams?..."

top 3 big east teams played these occ teams,

mu, eastern washington, maryland, east carolina, miss st

ky, k st., miami, temple, middle tn,

nc, illinois, oh, howard, navy

Seems the big east is making a point of scheduling easy occ games to benefit their big east conference rankings.

How many sec or acc or big 10 teams would be ranked with these occ schedules and a big east conference schedule is the bigger question.

Tell you what, schedule the top teams from the acc, big 10 and particularly the sec, then write about some 80%.

I'd be interested in reading your opinions of the best ooc victory a big east team claims.

As is so common, the concept of strength of schedule doesn't seem to be had by a lot of fans..

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

"and who has an 80% winning percentage agaist out of con teams?..."

top 3 big east teams played these occ teams,

mu, eastern washington, maryland, east carolina, miss st

ky, k st., miami, temple, middle tn,

nc, illinois, oh, howard, navy

Seems the big east is making a point of scheduling easy occ games to benefit their big east conference rankings.

How many sec or acc or big 10 teams would be ranked with these occ schedules and a big east conference schedule is the bigger question.

Tell you what, schedule the top teams from the acc, big 10 and particularly the sec, then write about some 80%.

I'd be interested in reading your opinions of the best ooc victory a big east team claims.

As is so common, the concept of strength of schedule doesn't seem to be had by a lot of fans..

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at everyone's out of conference schedule. Almost every team plays a weak ooc schedule. The only reason WVU was playing Eastern Michigan is because Buffalo who isn't a powerhouse but is at least a D-1 school backed out of their contract. Also don't you realize that schedules are made years in advance? Have you seen WVU's future out of conference schedule? If not they are going to have Home and Home series with Michigan St. FLorida St. and Auburn in the upcoming years.

[ QUOTE ]

I don't agree that most teams plays an easy ooc schedule, a lot of teams don't. When the schedules where made doesn't matter either, they are what they are.

[/ QUOTE ]

well then Leave it be.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

I don't agree that most teams plays an easy ooc schedule, a lot of teams don't. When the schedules where made doesn't matter either, they are what they are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at some teams ooc schedules before you make that assumption. Off of the top of my head I can think of Michigan and Florida. Michigan played Notre Dame, Vanderbilt, Central Michigan, and Ball State. Florida played Southern Miss, Western Carolina and UCF. Very few teams play a real difficult ooc schedule. The teams that do play tough ooc schedules are teams like Troy St and Hawaii who will play anyone.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at some teams ooc schedules before you make that assumption. Off of the top of my head I can think of Michigan and Florida. Michigan played Notre Dame, Vanderbilt, Central Michigan, and Ball State. Florida played Southern Miss, Western Carolina and UCF. Very few teams play a real difficult ooc schedule. The teams that do play tough ooc schedules are teams like Troy St and Hawaii who will play anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know what Buzzsaw I went and did a little research. I looked at the current top 10 and really the only teams in that 10 who can claim a tough ooc schedule could be Ohio St because they played at Texas, USC, and Oklahoma. Look at the oocs of the other teams in the top and see how "difficult" they were. Also here is a link of the SOS based on a rating. Look at all of the teams whose SOS is ranked lower than WVU's.

http://teamrankings.com/ncf/27powerratings.php3

I think its going to be pretty hard for you to refute that Buzzsaw.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

Ohio state didnt play USC? did they?

[/ QUOTE ]

No they didn't. Its the way I worded it that made it sound like that, my bad. I was trying to say that the only reason Ohio States OOC schedule could be considered difficult is because they played at Texas. As for USC and Oklahome I was trying to say that they were the other top 10 teams who could claim tough schedules.

I didn't write anything about top 10 sos specifically, the debate was about conference occ strength, and the fact is most, I don't know about all, but most of the big east teams don't have quality occ schedules, certainly not the top big east teams.

The fact of the matter is there's not any way you could suggest that wv's sos is stronger than most teams in strong conferences. Their conferences schedules themselves are more difficult than the top big easts teams' overall schedules.