State Championship Rings

Justin_Credible

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. You are just as deserving as all support staff i.e. teachers, administrators, 8th & jv fb players & cheerleaders, and our o/s honor band. Missed you 2nd half of the VHS playoff game...too cold for you? Now the value of the watered down state champ. ring is about 30 bucks...lol- but we're all one big happy family!

[ QUOTE ]

I agree. You are just as deserving as all support staff i.e. teachers, administrators, 8th & jv fb players & cheerleaders, and our o/s honor band. Missed you 2nd half of the VHS playoff game...too cold for you? Now the value of the watered down state champ. ring is about 30 bucks...lol- but we're all one big happy family!

[/ QUOTE ]

What the hell are u talking about?

yea,,,,how many tds did the cheerleaders score this year,,or ints,,or sacks,, u all are not as deserving sorry,, dont thank ever fan of the nfl team or cheerleader gets a super bowl ring,, but i could be wrong....

there's gratitude and appreciation for ya. Big difference in fans and cheerleaders. The cheerleaders have actually worked hard in their way to be associated with the team and travel to every game, ect., that's quite a lot more dedication than the common fan. I can't speak for richlands but I know way back when the cheerleaders used to do lots, organize the pep rallys and more than that had after game meals and things ready for us back at the school, ect., they're on the sidelines during the games as well, they should certainly get rings in my opinion. If not then non starters who didn't contribute to the actual title shouldn't either. Exactly what do a lot of the 9th or 10 th graders contribute to the actual scores that mattered? Did they even have dirty uniforms after the close playoff games of title game? It's unfortunate to see the atittudes of people who don't support the people who supported them the most during the seasons.

[ QUOTE ]

there's gratitude and appreciation for ya. Big difference in fans and cheerleaders. The cheerleaders have actually worked hard in their way to be associated with the team and travel to every game, ect., that's quite a lot more dedication than the common fan. I can't speak for richlands but I know way back when the cheerleaders used to do lots, organize the pep rallys and more than that had after game meals and things ready for us back at the school, ect., they're on the sidelines during the games as well, they should certainly get rings in my opinion. If not then non starters who didn't contribute to the actual title shouldn't either. Exactly what do a lot of the 9th or 10 th graders contribute to the actual scores that mattered? Did they even have dirty uniforms after the close playoff games of title game? It's unfortunate to see the atittudes of people who don't support the people who supported them the most during the seasons. [/quote

I think they should get rings too. On one side of the ring you could have an ugly fat girl doin splits and on the other side you could have a container of creatine. This way the cheerleaders and the football team both get recognized.

[ QUOTE ]

there's gratitude and appreciation for ya. Big difference in fans and cheerleaders. The cheerleaders have actually worked hard in their way to be associated with the team and travel to every game, ect., that's quite a lot more dedication than the common fan. I can't speak for richlands but I know way back when the cheerleaders used to do lots, organize the pep rallys and more than that had after game meals and things ready for us back at the school, ect., they're on the sidelines during the games as well, they should certainly get rings in my opinion. If not then non starters who didn't contribute to the actual title shouldn't either. Exactly what do a lot of the 9th or 10 th graders contribute to the actual scores that mattered? Did they even have dirty uniforms after the close playoff games of title game? It's unfortunate to see the atittudes of people who don't support the people who supported them the most during the seasons.

[/ QUOTE ]

Buzzsaw, just so you know, 05lineman is not a Richlands fan.

I have no problem with cheerleaders getting rings. However if we are using the word "deserve" I think that word should be reserved for players and coaches, whom without there would be no championship. Heck I'll take a ring a too!!!!! Hahaha I don't think it is about who should or shouldn't get rings, as much as it is who is responsible for the chance to get rings to begin with. I am not sure how much money the school has to purchase rings, those I think should be reserved for players and coaches. I think everyone that had something to do with the football team/program should have the chance to purchase theirs. Thats my two cents, if anyone wants to buy for me that would be nice too haha!

[ QUOTE ]

yeah thats me, hell i could care less if pam lester gets a ring, but deserving one is the thing im saying, i love all cheerleaders, just so that is known sweetheart

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahaha glad to see you covered yourself can't be too carefull these days!! haha good post!

I've just always considered them with the team for all their dedication and work associated with the team, outside of the pros, but again, maybe they don't do as much directly for the team as they used to. And that said, I've never cared much for the thought of rings or jewlry for titles anyhow, I'm just sayin either way the cheerleaders should be associated with the team.

And I agree about c y a.

"thats a new one! quite funny might i add.. "

it would be to someone who likely isn't considerate enough to realize and appreciate how much others offer.

Where would you draw the line anyhow, what about the managers, people who went and scouted other teams, parents and boosters who fund the teams, ect., it's ignorant to pat yourself on the back thinking you've done it all yourselves or that it isn't a much bigger effort.

[ QUOTE ]

I have no problem with cheerleaders getting rings. However if we are using the word "deserve" I think that word should be reserved for players and coaches, whom without there would be no championship. Heck I'll take a ring a too!!!!! Hahaha I don't think it is about who should or shouldn't get rings, as much as it is who is responsible for the chance to get rings to begin with. I am not sure how much money the school has to purchase rings, those I think should be reserved for players and coaches. I think everyone that had something to do with the football team/program should have the chance to purchase theirs. Thats my two cents, if anyone wants to buy for me that would be nice too haha!

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my thoughts when oiginally posting about the rings. I think anyone who wants a ring shuld be able to get one, and im sure you can if you really want one. I just think that the money raised or set aside for the rings should only be used for the players rings, and then anyone else that wants one can purchase one themselves.

I still think it should just players and coaches, all one uniform ring.

No cheerleaders or band or fan BS, sure they helped in the "process", but they really didn't do "anything."

Never saw a fan take a hit or anything.

The only real discussion should be whether the waterboys and volunteer doctors should get rings, cause they really helped.

When we won the Basketball State Championship in '91 at Lebanon, We had to sell State Champion T-shirts to pay for our rings. The Cheerleaders got rings also? The VHSL did tell us they would provide us with a State Champion Jacket, that they showed us while we were in the locker room, but the only one that received a jacket was our head coach Rick Thompson? I did not think then and I don't think now that Cheerleaders should receive a ring! But ours was for basketball and it was probably a little cheaper providing rings for around 25 to 30 to a football team that may have to provide 50 to 60 rings just for players and coaches?