how come richlands is afraid of salem?

zack

[ QUOTE ]

So Richlands gets in trouble for something that Salem was planning to do all along. Appologies to those who played for and respect Vaught... but that's just stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thinking about cheating and actually cheating are two seperate things. It doesn't matter if Salem planned to do it, Richlands DID do it.

But my question still hasn't been answered. Why was RHS allowed to keep their state title??

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

So Richlands gets in trouble for something that Salem was planning to do all along. Appologies to those who played for and respect Vaught... but that's just stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thinking about cheating and actually cheating are two seperate things. It doesn't matter if Salem planned to do it, Richlands DID do it.

But my question still hasn't been answered. Why was RHS allowed to keep their state title??

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have a copy of the rule book in front of me but I would imagine that the infraction would have to take place in the title game.

Only 15 yards for improper cleats doesn't make any sense.

Is it 15 yards and they are forced to immediatly chagne cleats?

Why would it only be 15 yards, the team is only being penalized for a single drive for an advantage that lasts the entire game.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have a copy of the rule book in front of me but I would imagine that the infraction would have to take place in the title game.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree...it would need to be in the state title game for thier title to be taken

I think, (I am sure I will corrected if I am wrong) but any equipment infraction is 15 yards, be it illegal, worn improperly, or not worn at all. I think cleats fall in to that generalization. To be honest I am almost certain that if this had happend in the state title game, very little would have been done. The VHSL or any athletic governing body's last resort would be to strip "kids" of a state championship.

[ QUOTE ]

History of richlands vs tazewell

played 52 times 1st game 1955

rhs = 24

ths = 26

1 tie 1973 0-0

richlands is 13-2 since 1991 vs ths

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, as the person who asked the question, I know I'm on thin ice here. I'll accept this post as an accurate reflection of the series since 1955, but there is no way that the first game between the two teams took place that late. Richlands has been playing football since the 1920s. Surely they hooked up with the Bulldogs sometime between then and 1955.

[ QUOTE ]

I think, (I am sure I will corrected if I am wrong) but any equipment infraction is 15 yards, be it illegal, worn improperly, or not worn at all. I think cleats fall in to that generalization. To be honest I am almost certain that if this had happend in the state title game, very little would have been done. The VHSL or any athletic governing body's last resort would be to strip "kids" of a state championship.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe Richlands actually was penalized at the beginning of the state championship game against Orange. At the very least, I know that the officials checked the cleats and sent them back to the locker room prior to the opening kickoff.

I'd heard the rumor that Salem was also wearing them. But that's not something that can be substantiated. Bonehead move by a couple of folks from Richlands for even ordering them to begin with.

[ QUOTE ]

Why would it only be 15 yards, the team is only being penalized for a single drive for an advantage that lasts the entire game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Instead of continuing your game of asking questions just to aggravate people on the board, why don't you look it up and find the answers yourself. Seems like every time someone replies to you, you act as if they are lying to you. If you want some facts here are some which I am sure you will probably deny or contest: Fact: Richlands wore illegal cleats in a state semifinal game that I am sure you were well aware of before this post, fact: Richlands won the 1992 state championship, fact: Richlands won the state simifinal game in 2006 and fact: Richlands won the state championship. There's you some gravy to put your spoon in and stir.

[ QUOTE ]

rhs = 24

ths = 26

1 tie 1973 0-0

[/ QUOTE ]

Incorrect. 1999 Taz wins 21-14, 2000 taz wins 7-6, 2003 taz wins 12-10

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

The "use of posting" is to talk about football. Not to constantly trash other teams and fans.

[/ QUOTE ]did i just read that from a richlands fan?? all you richlands fans do is point fingers and laugh just because every team didnt go to state.. you all talked trash about abingdon so much! so now some people talk about richlands and u get offended! well welcome to the club now you kno how it feels! heres one for u that u richlands fans burned out this season "want some cheese with that whine?"

[/ QUOTE ]

You hit the nail on the head!!!!

lol.....what a great post! Thats probly the best and truest post i've read on here in a long time.

Talk about not taking what you dish out.....basically, why there is such tension toward richlands fans from fans of other schools.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

rhs = 24

ths = 26

1 tie 1973 0-0

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, tazewell won in 99, 00, and 03.......we won in 99 after being down 14-0......Also, the last year that Tazewell swept all of the district teams in one season! lol.....such a long time ago

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

rhs = 24

ths = 26

1 tie 1973 0-0

No way that we swept the SWD!!! We were not SWD champs that year!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, tazewell won in 99, 00, and 03.......we won in 99 after being down 14-0......Also, the last year that Tazewell swept all of the district teams in one season! lol.....such a long time ago

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Talk about not taking what you dish out.....basically, why there is such tension toward richlands fans from fans of other schools.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that's it. There's been tension towards Richlands from fans of other schools for as long as I can remember, and our success in football is a relatively recent trend.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The penalty also includes immediate removal of the illegal cleats.

Salem didn't raise the issue publicly until after the state championship game (although the officials in the Orange game apparently had been tipped off). A bit odd, to say the least.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that's it. There's been tension towards Richlands from fans of other schools for as long as I can remember, and our success in football is a relatively recent trend.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is more true than you know, I am front Honaker and way before the 1992 incident I remember hating Richlands haha and I have no idea why. I now of course am a converted Blue Tornado fan.

[ QUOTE ]

This is more true than you know, I am front Honaker and way before the 1992 incident I remember hating Richlands haha and I have no idea why. I now of course am a converted Blue Tornado fan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everybody hates us because of our freedom.

BUSH-thumbs-up-3-19-5-with--thumb-715405.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

rhs = 24

ths = 26

1 tie 1973 0-0

No way that we swept the SWD!!! We were not SWD champs that year!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We were not the SWD champs bc Graham beat us in the regular season......we beat RHS 21-14, beat CC 13-10, beat Grundy 36-18, beat Graham 21-14(playoffs)

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Richlands Alum and OFISHY8 are two wild and swinging dudes

[/ QUOTE ]

That's probably it. The fact is that chicks dig us because we rarely wear underwear. And when we do, it's usually something unusual.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't have to wear underwear if you don't have any balls!

haha