The real story out of Whitewood???

cityofRaven

what is going on down there

this is from BDT

Despite the apparent good will between Twin Valley and the Australian contingent, something or someone upset Moore after the game. He announced emphatically, on the record, that he would not return to the Twin Valley bench next season.

“This is officially my last season coaching Twin Valley basketball,†said Moore, who declined to elaborate.

Twin Valley is about to run off the best coach in SWVa

anybody knw the real story???

It seems like Goodman likes to run where there is some talent ie(Cobra's and the Panthers). Hey, if they want him as head Coach, then lets see Goodman do any better. How much coaching did he have to do at the Cobra Den? That team was there long before he came, he was a product of those boy's! That team was being coached and put together long before he went there. The well started to go dry and he flew the coop. I would like to see him get a sub-par program and see if he could turn it around, Moore did it. Your right their are a lot of programs that would like to have Moore as a coach, so let him go TV and see if he doesn't show up to burn you with another local team!!!! The key is to "Recognize" what you have and not "Realize" what you have lost!!!!!

i reckon he is gettin ALOT of heat from some of the parents, not only varsity parents but jv parents. and not only that, he is not getting to spend alot of time at home with his kids and family.....thats just my thought so dont quote me on that....but tv's program will not fall apart without him.....dont get me wrong, brian is a great coach and great guy, there is just alot of talent there at every level of that program

did the twin valley fans cheer for the australian team when twin valley played them? cause they cheered for the australian against everyone else... its pretty cool to play against teams from other countries but as we live in the southwest virginia area when were playin a team outta country we should cheer for each other instead of a team not even from the same country... cause when were out on the court i cant stand bluefield, but when there playin someone other then us i still like to see them win and hope that they do well... so i didnt really get the whole twin valley fans cheerin for the australian team to beat all the area teams that they played...

[ QUOTE ]

It seems like Goodman likes to run where there is some talent ie(Cobra's and the Panthers). Hey, if they want him as head Coach, then lets see Goodman do any better. How much coaching did he have to do at the Cobra Den? That team was there long before he came, he was a product of those boy's! That team was being coached and put together long before he went there. The well started to go dry and he flew the coop. I would like to see him get a sub-par program and see if he could turn it around, Moore did it. Your right their are a lot of programs that would like to have Moore as a coach, so let him go TV and see if he doesn't show up to burn you with another local team!!!! The key is to "Recognize" what you have and not "Realize" what you have lost!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Rick Goodman is one of the best coaches SWVA has ever seen. Sure he had solid talent over the years, but the system that was run there was perfect.

Goodman was not a product of his players and to even say that is naive, at best.

To be naive, wouldn't one have to prove himself before one could be labeled one of the best. Give any coach a team with that much talent, and I don't care how bad the coaching is, and he would have a difficult time losing games. Your quote "Sure he had solid talent over the years, but the system that was run there was perfect" that system you are referring to "was once again already in place". Hate to be the pin to your ballon, but facts are facts and until then "show pony". The real "race horse" is the one that takes a sub-par program and gives it the 360 turn around and doesn't have fans posting about his coaching ability. I can see you were affected by the flash from those photos last week. Give it a few more days and you will see it much clearer until then I'll get back to my RC and moonpie.

[ QUOTE ]

To be naive, wouldn't one have to prove himself before one could be labeled one of the best. Give any coach a team with that much talent, and I don't care how bad the coaching is, and he would have a difficult time losing games. Your quote "Sure he had solid talent over the years, but the system that was run there was perfect" that system you are referring to "was once again already in place". Hate to be the pin to your ballon, but facts are facts and until then "show pony". The real "race horse" is the one that takes a sub-par program and gives it the 360 turn around and doesn't have fans posting about his coaching ability. I can see you were affected by the flash from those photos last week. Give it a few more days and you will see it much clearer until then I'll get back to my RC and moonpie.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can keep telling yourself that over and over and attempt to insult me...thats fine. I witnessed it first hand and played against that system. There was just as much talent on the haysi and grundy teams during those years that graced the floor at council. Coaching makes a huge difference and Rick Goodman is a good one.

I did not realize that I had attempted to insult you? But I'm sure this will......just beacuse you played against one of his teams and they beat you....well to me one of two things, either your not that good of a player( I'm guessing the only dish's you were giving out happened at the Rainbow Drive Inn) or you fell under the hypnotic spell of his b-ball voodoo. Now that I've finished my moonpie and RC maybe I'll come over to the Rainbow and get some diner!! How's the pinto beans, must be good, they have you all gassed up.

[ QUOTE ]

I agree.. Goodman is an excellent coach.. and if underricky is who i think.. He was an excellent player also.. another thing is i suspect bballfan is not from richlands either!! lol

ta ta

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt that he ever played against a Goodman coached team, as well.

His lame attempts at being witty have been rather entertaining, though. Apparently, he has a weird fascination with the rainbow and I was nothing more than a benchwarmer. lol

I'm sorry that when we got to the fountain of knowledge, I chose to drink and you chose to gargle. Don't knock the Rainbow and no I didn't refer to you as benchwarmer it was more along the lines of a waiter. I never played against Dean Smith or Bobby Knight, but I think they are good at coaching and I never played against Monté Ross or Jeff Ruland these are the coach's for the University of Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens and the Iona College Gales and I know they are really bad. So, it's a judgement call. I'm not saying you have to like it, but we can debate this some more if you like. Look I'm sorry, I'll be nicer if you'll try being smarter!!!