TOP PLAYERS IN SWD THIS YEAR

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

yes he is...but he is looking at Radford i believe..there are a few schools that have wanted him to go there and maybe wanting him to play both football and baseball..but he wants to go to Radford instead...its a shame if he doesnt play in college anywhere...hes a good athlete and a heck of a guy...best of luck to him for whatever he does...hopefully he will go on and play somewhere in college though...

[ QUOTE ]

u sure about that?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I can find the article, I'll provide a link. But yes, Yost is an excellent fielder(short stop) and had an unreal batting average (over .500) and his on base percentage was phenomenal as well. He plays ver smart and rarely makes a mistake in the field. Very good hand-eye coordination. I personally think the ball should've been thrown his way more during football season, the kid had excellent hands and made some outstanding catches...good speed too.

[ QUOTE ]

yes he is...but he is looking at Radford i believe..there are a few schools that have wanted him to go there and maybe wanting him to play both football and baseball..but he wants to go to Radford instead...its a shame if he doesnt play in college anywhere...hes a good athlete and a heck of a guy...best of luck to him for whatever he does...hopefully he will go on and play somewhere in college though...

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard he was pretty much awesome in AP Gov., well according to the Gospel of Facebook.

haha

Matt has never batted over .500. He has a weak arm and plays to deep at shortstop. He doesnt make all the routine plays and has never thrown anyone out from a diving stop in the hole unless at second. He has no power but I would say a avg. on base percentage. No D1 prospect. Period. He is a good kid with a God for a granddad that will not hesitate to tell you he has a arm like a howitzer, speed of a Jet, bats in the high .900s because he had a ear infection for one game that threw off his balance. Matt is a excellent young man that needs to focus on his academics. Radford over VT. There must have been no VT offer. He is no Casey Harold or Billy Wagner. Good Luck in whatever you do though! I hope you prove me wrong.

yeah and Calculus too..he never uses a calculator though...it blows my mind...ask him the square root of a huge number and he will sit there and figure it out and get it reasonably close...

No...he didn't. Kids make up their own batting avg at Graham and coaches don't care. I saw 10 games last year and the only kids that could hit on that team against good pitching were Cliff and Murray. If stats were kept like they are at Taz and Richlands, this .500 crap at Graham would be de-bunked. You talk to the kids up here and they all tell you they're hitting .500 but they never win the SWD? Come on guys...keep it real. Only 1 or 2 of these kids could start for Tazewell and Richlands and one of them(Murray) is out for the year with his acl recovery. He will be missed big time. Gonna be a long year at G Town!

[ QUOTE ]

No...he didn't. Kids make up their own batting avg at Graham and coaches don't care. I saw 10 games last year and the only kids that could hit on that team against good pitching were Cliff and Murray. If stats were kept like they are at Taz and Richlands, this .500 crap at Graham would be de-bunked. You talk to the kids up here and they all tell you they're hitting .500 but they never win the SWD? Come on guys...keep it real. Only 1 or 2 of these kids could start for Tazewell and Richlands and one of them(Murray) is out for the year with his acl recovery. He will be missed big time. Gonna be a long year at G Town!

[/ QUOTE ]

Its hard for any player on a team to hit .500 when the entire team gets no more than 3 or 4 hits a game...

Nobody makes up their own batting averages at Graham... two books are kept for every game, just like every other team in the district. When all SWD etc. are picked, the real averages out of the books are used, along with errors, SB's and so on; again, like everybody else.

You should check your sources.. i will agree with you though, that when someone toots their own horn, the averages do tend to go up a little...

How many kids do you think would start at Richlands or Tazewell if they had (have always had) Richlands or Tazewell coaching? More than 1 or 2