Virginia Tech takes down UNC...

bluefieldRocks

Carolina played the first five minutes and the last five minutes, Tech played lights out during the time in between. The positive for Carolina is that they played about as poorly as they can while Tech played about as good as they can and yet in the end Carolina only lost by 6 points. Carolina is still very young and will learn a lot from the loss, it'll help keep the team grounded and hungry. It'll be interesting to see what happens when Tech travels to Chapel Hill later in the season. If Tech would play every game with intensity and focus they did yesterday they wouldn't suffer embarrassing losses to the likes of Marshall.

Bluefield_Rules....ARE YOU KIDDING ME. I can't believe you are trying to take away the great effort by the hokies with all this "carolina played terribly" crap. They played terribly because of Tech's defense and ability to completely throw Hansbrough and the rest of NC off their game. It had nothing to do with how bad carolina played. It was ALL the Hokies. THEY played hard. THEY made key defensive stops. THEY were able to build a 22 point lead at one point. And oh yeah, Carolina got beat by a good team, a team that is largly overlooked in college basketball today because they don't bring in the big names of the kids that will go to the NBA after on year. So give the hokies some credit, will ya?

[ QUOTE ]

Bluefield_Rules....ARE YOU KIDDING ME. I can't believe you are trying to take away the great effort by the hokies with all this "carolina played terribly" crap. They played terribly because of Tech's defense and ability to completely throw Hansbrough and the rest of NC off their game. It had nothing to do with how bad carolina played. It was ALL the Hokies. THEY played hard. THEY made key defensive stops. THEY were able to build a 22 point lead at one point. And oh yeah, Carolina got beat by a good team, a team that is largly overlooked in college basketball today because they don't bring in the big names of the kids that will go to the NBA after on year. So give the hokies some credit, will ya?

[/ QUOTE ]

23 point lead...72-49...

Spare me the "you're giving the Hokies no respect" garbage. Tech played very well, they definitely were prepared for the game and wanted it badly. However, don't sit there for one second and think you got Carolina's best shot. I've seen every single Carolina this season, four in-person counting yesterday, they played their worst game of the season. Yes, Tech had something to do with that, BUT when they had their heads on straight Carolina outscored Tech by 28 points; by 8 points in the first five minutes and 20 points in the final five minutes. As I said though, Tech owned the other 30 minutes of the game and it was enough to get the big win. Congratulations, enjoy it. We'll see what happens when Tech travels to Chapel Hill.

And Tech doesn't get any respect because they go out and suffer embarrassing losses to the likes of Marshall and Western Michigan. If they brought it every night like they brought it yesterday they'd be a very good team and win consistently, which would bring the respect.

[ QUOTE ]

Spare me the "you're giving the Hokies no respect" garbage. Tech played very well, they definitely were prepared for the game and wanted it badly. However, don't sit there for one second and think you got Carolina's best shot. I've seen every single Carolina this season, four in-person counting yesterday, they played their worst game of the season. Yes, Tech had something to do with that, BUT when they had their heads on straight Carolina outscored Tech by 28 points; by 8 points in the first five minutes and 20 points in the final five minutes. As I said though, Tech owned the other 30 minutes of the game and it was enough to get the big win. Congratulations, enjoy it. We'll see what happens when Tech travels to Chapel Hill.

And Tech doesn't get any respect because they go out and suffer embarrassing losses to the likes of Marshall and Western Michigan. If they brought it every night like they brought it yesterday they'd be a very good team and win consistently, which would bring the respect.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought they played worse in their loss to Gonzaga...BTW, UVA-C beat Gonzaga by 20 or so two weeks ago...

The herd have had some good games in recent years but they're inconsistent, more bad than good though. It depends on how people consider it, as there's likely a lot of unc fans around who are talking about embarassing defeats to the loss of teams such as the hokies. Of course that's not how hokie fans consider it.

[ QUOTE ]

The herd have had some good games in recent years but they're inconsistent, more bad than good though. It depends on how people consider it, as there's likely a lot of unc fans around who are talking about embarassing defeats to the loss of teams such as the hokies. Of course that's not how hokie fans consider it.

[/ QUOTE ]

well said

[ QUOTE ]

THEY were able to build a 22 point lead at one point. And oh yeah,

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm all for credit where it is due, but i SEROUSLY doubt that if you match up UNC playing their A game & VaTech playing their A game, that VaTech is 22 points better than UNC. That's just absurd! VaTech played lights out, no doubt, but they had some help from the boys in Carolina blue too!

[ QUOTE ]

yea i stormed the court and i sat 6 rows off the court across from the unc bench. beat that...

[/ QUOTE ]

My seats were not that close to the floor, but the people weren't that bad. I sat in section 15, which turned out to be the coaches section of the arena. Billy Hite sat directly in front of me with a row between us, the women's bball coach sat in the row behind me two seats to my right, I sat beside the assistant men's and women's tennis coaches, Frank Beamer sat two rows below me and six seats to my left, and the former, now retired baseball coach sat directly in front of him. Xavier Adibi, Macho Harris, and three other football players that I didn't recognize sat three rows directly behind me. Needless to say, I was in the midst of some of the biggest names in Tech sports. The tennis coaches were very nice guys that we talked with before and throughout the game.